Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2012!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
so the email i got from football manager saying early December is rubbish

From Football Manager? We've said before Christmas, nothing about it being December!

It is when you hear people on hear win back to back promotions, barely losing a game and then go on to win the champions league, no?

It was more the way i played in the second season which made me give it up though to be honest, when I had a strike force of Adam Le Fondre, with Freddie Sears and Frank Nouble on loan and none of them could ever score I kind of lost interest. Players of their calibre should be able to score regardless of how poor my tactics were!

I don't know how the people who have such success do it really, either they're bloody brilliant at the game or they're getting a help hand from downloaded tactics and so on! Nouble and Le Fondre no better than Barnes really, and Sears more of a winger. It's a funny game, some people seem to find it to easy, others to hard. I generally find it quite hard, was mulling about in mid-table with Albion!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
just get you assitant manager to talk to press automaticly, im on year 2023 with brighton ;)

I think I got as far as 2020 with Brighton. Managed to stay in Premiership for a while with one marquee signing a season who then got poached when we just survived relegation. Tense times.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Can you change to a text mode for games to make them a bit quicker on FM 11?

I like the fact you can watch the game but it takes too long for my liking : patienceisavirtue:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'm inclined to agree.

In the good old days you could cane through a season in a relatively short space of time, progressing further and further into the future, which I always liked. It's interesting to see what the game predicts for players and clubs 5 or 10 years down the line.

These days however it takes an absolute age to complete just the one season, I'd be surprised if anyone's ever made it as far as the 2015 world cup

The old versions were brilliant and I used to do a season in a day. They did a version in 93 with some of the staff - Mark Collis and Ferah Orosco who you could sign for any club and they would be brilliant. And here comes the sad reality I have been playing this game for nearly 20 years.

and you can download that here - Championship Manager 93 | Abandonware | Download, Codes, Review, Screenshots

To M

Sep 12, 2011
not sure why league cup games took forever to load in the most recent one, grand game just needs a few tweaks

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i wish they would speed the 'processing' bit up.
dunno whether its my computer, but it takes AGES sometimes, especially if theres a tournament going on somewhere

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Latest video blog has the mighty Albion in the background including a bit of match action!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
See , it may be repetitive but I quite like that

It took all the fun out of playing the game for me. Maybe more realistic, but wasn't fun in my eyes. If they have kept it as per the last game then it'll be the first FM for years and years that I haven't bought. The end of an era for me!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You can set your assistant to do all the press conferences. I've been playing as Albion and I know I would say it, but I'm really, really enjoying it. So much fun with our current squad!

Baby Potts

Banned
Jan 7, 2010
In A Coat
Far too complicated for a Baby, not sure why they don't release a version which you don't have to worry about anything other than the team, formation and signings. Like CM3. Takes too long these days. Loads of people are saying it, not sure why the producers ignore it as they'd clean up if there was the option to play it as it is now, or to play "FM lite"

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
just watched the latest video and the in game commentary was like Wednesday night

Vicente to Calderon
Calderon to Lualua
Lualua to CMS

Wonder what they have got the value of Vicente at?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The highlight uploading too facebook just seems sad, or is it me !

Seems far to much to do for a so called football manager, get training, get buying, get the game on and move on to the next match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here