Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2005 - Brighton help

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Bastard hard with Brighton.

I've always played LLM before, but fancied a bit of a change. I can do pretty well with rubbish LLM teams after 3 seasons I'm generally 2 divisions better off.

I started with my usual 4-1-2-1-2 and got spanked all over the park.

Now on a standard 4-4-2 and making some progress but 10 points adrift in 23rd.

signed:

Andy Melville when Virgo went.
Dean Windass
and just recently
38-yr old Ruben Sosa as my left winger in place of Hammond

Lost Hammond to Man U and Harding to Leeds?? Virgo also gone to Everton...

I need results fast if I'm gonna stay up. I don't want to sign anyone but I need a strategy, whether it be formation or change within the squad.

It's all looking a bit bleak...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Can't offer much advice im afraid, I cannot seem to win with brighton either. just shows you how realistic it is !!!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
£150k + Paul McShane + 50% sell on and a Friendly :) Only wish I could split the cash from Old Trafford instead of having to play at Withdean.

Hammond they have valued at 2.2m, so could be tasty.

McShane isn't very good (yet)

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
be chelsea, its alot easier :dunce: :lolol: !!

the brilliance of spending 56million on wayne rooney...and then paying 45million for joaquin a week later cannot be matched:clap2:

+becomming england manager after 10 months as a domestic manager is fun.

i got to the prem in 2 years as brighton but am midtable and half gave up. may resurrect the game and lead the albion to europe!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just started a new game with the mighty Blue Brazil, gonna work my way up then take over Brighton later on.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I found it ok with Brighton. Brought Paul Furlong in and he scored a hatful to keep me up first season, then picked up a few bosmans (pablo Counago is class, and morten wieghorst as a DM)and went up following season via play offs.

Hammond has never figured much in my side.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ok. just played 1 match with my old brighton career. 3rd year and my team(won 5-1 at millwall) was....

haystead gk
richardson rb
stefanovic lb
mjallby cb
richards cb
lurling lw
sikora rw
limbersky cm amazing!
kavanagh cm
barrett(am/f)
mculloch(st)

bench

camara
rensing(amazing gk from bayern)
margoretti
maurice buys
bodnar

though this team changes each week as i have 40 players and am seriously over budget :clap2: :lolol:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
I did one with the albion, and at the start of the season i just bought bout 10 free tranfers, started the season bad then after bout 25 games managed to get to 10th place. change your formation to 4-1-3-2. havent managed to finish the season off cos i had to give the game back to my mate:angry:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I agree it's very tricky with Brighton, have tried and failed quite a few times. So I've started a career with Exeter, going quite nicely at the moment with 10 points from 4 games. Hopefully I'll get them up and perhaps get a better job somewhere else, may even take over the Albion when we get Falmer (on the game that is).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
samparish said:
I agree it's very tricky with Brighton, have tried and failed quite a few times. So I've started a career with Exeter, going quite nicely at the moment with 10 points from 4 games. Hopefully I'll get them up and perhaps get a better job somewhere else, may even take over the Albion when we get Falmer (on the game that is).

make sure its not the first season at Falmer, theres a bug in the game so you only play Cup games whilst all league games are still at Withers! its fine after that though

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
I went down in my first season then brought quite a few free's resigned peaople like leon knight for only £1,500 a week cutting expenditure went up via playoffs and three years later qualified for champions league, which i won the next season, team has quite a few eastern european players, also like to buy 34-36 (ex prem) years olds and get one or two seasons out of them

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
before the 5th season I think? cant quite remember though

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Stayed up in my first season, then I was relegated, the following year I lost the play-off semi-final and the next won it at Wembley to go up. Signed Eagles from Man U :)shootself :D ), Hugo Viana, Paul Konchesky, Peter Crouch, Nigel Quaishie all on free's and just outside the playoffs after 15 or so games. Takes me ages though, play in stints, loads for a month, then never for months, then back on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here