Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2005 - Brighton help

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
buy JUAN SABAS first year. 35 and phenominal.

im now in second year. spent 11 million and have 3 million left!

i thankyou :cool:

i am a transfer market legend:lolol:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Started with Lewes and got then into the league in staright seasons, best of all pipping Crawley to the conference title by one point :)

First season in league 3 finished 13th then the following one hit rock bottom 9 points adrift by november no cash for players or wages . In the meantime Brighton had already been relegated the prevoius season to division 1 and Mghee then left leaving the job opening . I applied and got it.

Took Brighton back up to the championship taht season then 3 seasons later into the Prem.

Currently in first season in prem and 15th struggling to win much but should just about stay up, held Man utd 1-1 and Falmer.

Best stategy i find is to go for free transfers of older prem players and also scout the arsenal, chelsea, Manutd youth teams and reserves some bargains can be picked up there.

I spent 3.8 mill on Adam Varadi Czech international striker and he's been pants.

Got Darren Bent on a free from Ipswich bosman ruling an dhe's been blinding.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Just cheat.... go to add user, take over Man United, buy all the shit Brighton players for 50 Million then retire that user.
Thats what i used to do. It is also a great way of bringing players to your squad who wouldnt dream of joining you. :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Just cheat.... go to add user, take over Man United, buy all the shit Brighton players for 50 Million then retire that user.
What's the point?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Exactly no challenge what so ever. I have ocasionally succomb to teh save it before an important match though an if i'm beaten in what i regard an unjust fashion, i have be known to reload and try again.

Pathetic i know.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Goring Gull said:
Exactly no challenge what so ever. I have ocasionally succomb to teh save it before an important match though an if i'm beaten in what i regard an unjust fashion, i have be known to reload and try again.

Pathetic i know.

That what i do sometimes aswell, espcially today when i was in the Carling Cup final against Crystal Palarse, i went 2-0 down, then i got a goal back by Tuday. and then like the last 5 minutes Andy bloody Johnson got a penalty and scored to make it 3-1. Really did piss me off, then i reloaded and then i went 3-0 up and then they came back to 3-3 and then they got another f***ing penalty and AJ scored it to make it 4-3,
so i reloaded it again and beat the scum 5-0!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Goring Gull said:

Pathetic i know.

must admit i did that once on my roma career in the champs league final. but only because i started with the wrong team by accident and left ballack, van nistlerooy and henry out:dunce:

after that slight 'cheating'(i dont think it was) i won the champs league 10 years in a row with roma, jake robinson scoring in one of the finals:lolol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
must admit i did that once on my roma career in the champs league final. but only because i started with the wrong team by accident and left ballack, van nistlerooy and henry out:dunce:

after that slight 'cheating'(i dont think it was) i won the champs league 10 years in a row with roma, jake robinson scoring in one of the finals:lolol:

My next game is against Internazionale in the champos league for Manure, i'm 5-0 down in the first leg, hopefully we can override that and win 6-0, but i doubt it.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I only really do it if i feel i've been cheated - once was when i'd dominated from start to finish had 20 shoits on target but failed to score and teh opposition had one shot and bloody scored, wasn't really an important game but pissed me right off hence i tend to save it after most matches, do my best to resist doing this though.

Also doid it when i spent a couple of mill on a player who was crap and i'd given a few game sto see how he'd do decided to re load before i'd finalised the deal and cancelled it.

Well 2 mill is a lot of money to teh Albion.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:
I only really do it if i feel i've been cheated - once was when i'd dominated from start to finish had 20 shoits on target but failed to score and teh opposition had one shot and bloody scored, wasn't really an important game but pissed me right off hence i tend to save it after most matches, do my best to resist doing this though.

yeah that Shots On Target compared to oppsing teams 1 or 2 has been know since the start of FM, one of the top hates on the CM Forums! Hopefully fixed for FM2006.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
brightonfan_86 said:
Can anyone beat Arsenal on the game? I always lose to them.
beat the 6-1 on the opening day of seond season with my chelsea team!

though my team was

rensing
a.cole
puyol
lucio
terry
joaquin
ballack
vieira
cassano
rooney
ronaldo

subs
owen
tristan
tuncay
frey
pancaro

:clap2:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
beat the 6-1 on the opening day of seond season with my chelsea team!

though my team was

rensing
a.cole
puyol
lucio
terry
joaquin
ballack
vieira
cassano
rooney
ronaldo

subs
owen
tristan
tuncay
frey
pancaro

:clap2:

Bloody hell, i thought Arsenal where the best side in the game, on mine they lost 3-1 to Swansea City in the Fa cup third round. :lolol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Goring Gull said:
Suppose it does happen in football sometimes though - still damnded annoying

Real Madrid have sacked their manager on mine, and i have applied for the job, i'm just waiting for them to get back to me. My dream is to manager Real Madrid on Football Manager, i've never been manager of Real Madrid on any Management game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here