Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show - 23:55 tonight

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
To be fair, if we were in their positions, say for instance Leyton Orient suddenly were getting, a rich and owner who cares about the club, a new stadium, and got a new manager, and were thirteen points clear, and undefeated at home for ages, and pretty much one of the few teams that is not only making progress, but also keeping within financial plausability. We would be pretty jealous too.

Plus News won't sell without a little bit of DRAMA. The BBC is pretty confident that we're going to end up in the championship, which will be the right way to go for us, it does not irk me in the slightest, because to be frank they could be ITV meridian. (Though I have to say my opinion of Portsmouth has increased a little ever since we kicked their arses in the FA cup.)

Last edited:

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Wouldn't mind Rob Elliot in between the sticks for us next season
He's only 24, would be a good investment IMO.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Claridge: "At this stage of the season it's important to know you've got a performance in you." Funny, I thought this was the stage of the season when results matter more than performances. But what do I know?

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Of course there'll be a long bit on the Championship! They're just longing to do an item on tiring Brighton's stumbling at the top, how plucky little Swindon played them off the park but were beaten by bad refereeing decisions (oh yes, and one flukey good goal.....), how Brighton have been 'found out', and that they're not in fact as good as Claridge has kept telling everyone.
Expect fifteen minutes on our faltering stagger towards promotion or the play-offs!

It's just all bollocks isn't it.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, commentate.

Oh, and Robinson, we're 15 points clear of you with two games in hand. fuk off you twat.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny how it's such a disadvantage for away teams to have to play at Withdean, with its terrible facilities, and yet not for our players, who get it 23 times a season. And what about previous seasons, when we couldn't win a home game for love or money?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Funny how it's such a disadvantage for away teams to have to play at Withdean, with its terrible facilities, and yet not for our players, who get it 23 times a season. And what about previous seasons, when we couldn't win a home game for love or money?

yes, I too found this a strange argument!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thought Claridge got it spot on, but the other bloke isn't even the manager of a real football club so his opinion doesn't count.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's utterly incredible that week in week out these half wits claim that we're not the best team in the league by a fox hunting country f***ing mile yet they sit there smugly and earn their miserly appearance fee for doing so.

Karl 'we beat you at our utterly under populated cow shed stadium' Robinson can go do one. The proof of the pudding is in the serious eating my pedigree chum and we're 15 (Fifteen) points clear of you, you franchise pieces of shit.

Give us some f***ing credit you bunch of Marxist bastards.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
We must be the luckiest team in the universe. We somehow scrape the championship in 2001-2 by six points and take four points off Reading in the process, despite obviously not being the best team in the division, at least according to Alan Pardew.

Now we're somehow 13 points clear at the top of the league despite the fact that only "the table" says we're the best team in the division this year.

Well, Mr Robinson (and others), the table is utterly impartial, utterly indifferent, utterly truthful and utterly revealing, and clearly shows the best team in the division without doing so through the filter of Franchise-sponsored, Wankelman-themed, can't-fill-or-finish-your-stadium, not-a-real-football-club bitterness, you complete cock.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
We must be the luckiest team in the universe. We somehow scrape the championship in 2001-2 by six points and take four points off Reading in the process, despite obviously not being the best team in the division, at least according to Alan Pardew.

Now we're somehow 13 points clear at the top of the league despite the fact that only "the table" says we're the best team in the division this year.

Well, Mr Robinson (and others), the table is utterly impartial, utterly indifferent, utterly truthful and utterly revealing, and clearly shows the best team in the division without doing so through the filter of Franchise-sponsored, Wankelman-themed, can't-fill-or-finish-your-stadium, not-a-real-football-club bitterness, you complete cock.

Yes I think this about sums it up for me!

And I agree with Edna's observation. This comes up time and time again too, so is immensely infuriating!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here