Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show - 23:55 tonight

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
but why is it on so late?

With no moTD, they are filling time with (repeats?) of john Bishop then Armstrong & Miller. Both good shows but I'm pretty sure they are repeats. Why do they insist on the FL Show being on at such a time?

It is on late because 90% of the material they use has to be collected from the individual grounds at the end of the matches, by couriers and then driven back to London. Once received all the material then has to be edited down to the 25 seconds or so ( usually less in our case)that they show on the programme. It is quite a time consuming exercise and of course it also takes a while to get Steve Claridges brain in order!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I asked, you answered.

Can't say fairer than that.

Still bloody annoying though as I always fall asleep and miss Palace losing. Still, can't happen tonight.

I asked, you answered.

Can't say fairer than that.

Still bloody annoying though as I always fall asleep and miss Palace losing. Still, can't happen tonight.

Why don't you do what I do? Sunday morning - Mug of tea, slice of toast, laptop in bed and watch the FL show on BBC iPlayer. No worries about falling asleep then.

BBC iPlayer - iPlayer Radio Home

By the way - This isn't an invite for you to share my bed tomorrow morning. :)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Damn, would probably be an improvement on Mrs!

No laptop and if i had tea in bed I'd only fall asleep and spill it. I know I could watch it on 'catch up' later but an Albion win needs to be seen at the earliest possible time....even though I've seen the goals already.

Don't forget that the clocks go FORWARD too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course there'll be a long bit on the Championship! They're just longing to do an item on tiring Brighton's stumbling at the top, how plucky little Swindon played them off the park but were beaten by bad refereeing decisions (oh yes, and one flukey good goal.....), how Brighton have been 'found out', and that they're not in fact as good as Claridge has kept telling everyone.
Expect fifteen minutes on our faltering stagger towards promotion or the play-offs!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ on a bike, of COURSE we're not the best team Karl. That's why we're 13 (THIRTEEN) points clear at the top.

:facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well well, how surprising - sour grapes and faint praise about us being "consistent" from the manager of a team a few places but many, many points below us ...

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
once again this showed has annoyed me.......Mk Dons manager saying there are a number of sides as good as them.......well where the hell are they!!!! oh yeah at least 13+ points behind.

Claridge can f*** off as well, stupid hair'd f***

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Take the lack of coverage as a compliment - it isn't sexy enough when we are "bolted-on" champions. Much more interesting to watch the also rans scrapping it out for the occasional point !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like how Bournemouth fans are complaining at the ref and not their players who missed countless great chances.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Christ on a bike, of COURSE we're not the best team Karl. That's why we're 13 (THIRTEEN) points clear at the top.

:facepalm:

I suppose there must be something wrong with me because I'd rather watch consistent, top of the league Brighton than the footballing gods of Franchise FC, Peterborough and all those other great, great sides who seem to find winning a little bit beneath them ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here