Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show - 23:55 tonight

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fighting chance of some more substantial highlights tonight? No Championship fixtures and a scaled down League One fixture list. Surely we'll get a few minutes?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't bank on it

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fighting chance of some more substantial highlights tonight? No Championship fixtures and a scaled down League One fixture list. Surely we'll get a few minutes?

you are joking they try their hardest to not even mention the Albion
in fact the BBC as a whole do just that even on the Teletex they miss us out of the reviews.
I sometimes wonder if they have a palace supporter working there?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Featured games are Bournemouth game and Southampton game (???) according to the TV guide!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Featured games are Bournemouth game and Southampton game (???) according to the TV guide!
:lolol:

That will be about right. They'd rather show a couple of minutes of St Mary's with tumbleweeds rolling past than the league leaders.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I believe there is a behind the scenes look at the BBC's local red team and their very intelligent Manager. At least 15 minutes of the programme have been reserved because it is thought the Manager, the Team and owners have so much to offer the game of football and other teams and managers in every football league in the world.
I have just heard that there are also extended highlights of Bournemouth's drawn match on the programme. Oh and Brighton won their match 2-1.
:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness, we've just had a maHOOsive midweek feature on the stadium, which the Beeb have then kept on their website all week (notice the nationwide reaction).
We were at home to Swindon - it was a done deal.
We are f***ing MILES clear, and would still have been whatever happened this afternoon.

You can't expect the spotlight to be on us week-in, week-out. We are too good for this league, its been comprehensively proven, and frankly its getting embarrassing. I don't blame them in the slightest for focusing on the chase for 2nd and the Playoffs. Whats the point of showing us and our (yaaawn) 15th home win out of 19 in our own private procession to the title ?

Lets see some of those plucky chasers I say.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
We will have plenty of air time in a week
Or two when promoted and then more when crowned champions. So they are spreading it about a bit which is probably fair

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Lets see some of those plucky chasers I say.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
In fairness, we've just had a maHOOsive midweek feature on the stadium, which the Beeb have then kept on their website all week (notice the nationwide reaction).
We were at home to Swindon - it was a done deal.
We are f***ing MILES clear, and would still have been whatever happened this afternoon.

You can't expect the spotlight to be on us week-in, week-out. We are too good for this league, its been comprehensively proven, and frankly its getting embarrassing. I don't blame them in the slightest for focusing on the chase for 2nd and the Playoffs. Whats the point of showing us and our (yaaawn) 15th home win out of 19 in our own private procession to the title ?

Lets see some of those plucky chasers I say.

Fair enough. I'm not demanding to be the main feature. It's just that with no championship matches and a pared down fixture list in the other leagues there should be some scope for giving each match a little bit more. Say 2 minutes as opposed to about 30 seconds?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We will get a max of one minute. I agree we shouldn't be a big story as the chase for promotion is more important than a team pissing all over the whole league. Also the teams scraping for our leftover 2nd place promotion (behind us) are by far the biggest in the league! That said I do think rather than 15, 10, 1/2, 1/2, 1/2 etc. a better split would be 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 2 etc. minutes per game in L1 but what can you do.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
but why is it on so late?

With no moTD, they are filling time with (repeats?) of john Bishop then Armstrong & Miller. Both good shows but I'm pretty sure they are repeats. Why do they insist on the FL Show being on at such a time?

you are joking they try their hardest to not even mention the Albion
in fact the BBC as a whole do just that even on the Teletex they miss us out of the reviews.
I sometimes wonder if they have a palace supporter working there?

I reckon no other manager gets as much press coverage in League One as Gus and BHA have got far more of a mention this year than any other side. A combination of a media-friendly boss, our position in the league and our new stadium has made us the darlings of the Beeb at times. How often do Oldham or Daggers or Orient or B'Muff get a mention? Probably not as often as us.

There's 22 other teams in league one and the league show can only say so many times that we are pissing this league. Whether you like it or not, our hard work was done between October and February. The current story in this league lies with 2nd place and the relegation.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We will get a max of one minute. I agree we shouldn't be a big story as the chase for promotion is more important than a team pissing all over the whole league. Also the teams scraping for our leftover 2nd place promotion (behind us) are by far the biggest in the league! That said I do think rather than 15, 10, 1/2, 1/2, 1/2 etc. a better split would be 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 2 etc. minutes per game in L1 but what can you do.

This. Perfectly reasonable suggestion.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Worth watching to see Prutton's goal - I still can't believe how Ankergren let it through.

I think he'll be dissapointed with it but it looked like he was unsighted and to be fair it was great strike. Might even have taken a touch on the way through as well.

Murray's goal is well worth staying up for:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here