Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Focus - WTF

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My god it's getting worse now, she's just tried to say preliminarily and said something completely random instead. She can't get a sentance out without tripping over her words. It's a shame this as she was okay as a pundit.
Free tip - if you are going to troll over someone's diction, check your spelling first. That is what the wavy red line means.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
My god it's getting worse now, she's just tried to say preliminarily and said something completely random instead. She can't get a sentance out without tripping over her words. It's a shame this as she was okay as a pundit.

She's a permanent fixture now, unfortunately. Nice to look at and a good pundit, but rubbish host. They got rid (rightly) of that wooden fella Dan Walker. He was just as bad. Not sure why they still bother with this show tbh.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It is a well known fact that women and black people are completely unintelligible to the ears of some white men.

I remember the fuss when Trevor McDonald go the news reading gig. There was a tide of complains about the way he emphasized his words - like listening to the news 'in reggae'.

If find this fascinating. Medically speaking.

:shrug:

Let's be clear here, this has nothing to do with with gender or race. I like her as a pundit. I could also point out other good female pundits and TV presenters, but this is not what my post is about so please don't try and turn it into that.

It's simply an observation about the replacement for Dan Walker, who I thought was rather good.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Just watching football focus. What's happened to the chap who used to present it? It's not got Alec Scott presenting it and it's truly awful. Her voice inflection is all over the place meaning that most of what she says doesn't make sense. She can't read from an autocue either. I thought she was a (average) pundit, not a presenter.

She just did something about a photo of a boiler on the wall behind her, which I think was supposed to be a joke, but I replayed it several times and it still doesn't make sense.

Please tell me she's just a temporary stand in?

Hmm. It's anti Alex Scott, so that's not very Crodonilson.

But you referred to her as Alec, which is. So. Makes you wonder whether they are one and the same person.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmm. It's anti Alex Scott, so that's not very Crodonilson.

But you referred to her as Alec, which is. So. Makes you wonder whether they are one and the same person.

A lazy copy.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You'd have thought that the BBC commissars would have taught her to speak like Joyce Grenfell at the very least.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's be clear here, this has nothing to do with with gender or race. I like her as a pundit. I could also point out other good female pundits and TV presenters, but this is not what my post is about so please don't try and turn it into that.

It's simply an observation about the replacement for Dan Walker, who I thought was rather good.

It's immaterial to me.

I don't watch working class television programmes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You'll be able to get your Dan Walker fix, by watching Strictly, in a few weeks.

:rave::flounce::lolol:

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Personally I've never had any problems understanding Ms Scott:

2c782dfd-88e8-4e6b-a1eb-ce0907ada7af_text.gif

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks, but other people have posted similar observations as me In this thread yet you seem to have just singled me out. Is it personal? AFAIW I don't know you and have never had issues on here with individuals.

You are a busted flush after your repeated trolls every time we lose. Are you really going to try and Trump your way out of it when everyone already knows what your posts are about?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wish they got Sam Quek doing it (yes I know she didn't play football) her presenting skills are so much better than Scott.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Even though I am no fan of Lineker, when he started out he was awfully wooden but eased into being a sarcastic prick and as for Bob Wilson he was terrible and did not improve much either.
Dan Walker comes over as a mummy's boy and although a pundit, what about Garth Crooks.
Give the girl a chance, she deserves a good go at it and I think she is alright.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Wish they got Sam Quek doing it (yes I know she didn't play football) her presenting skills are so much better than Scott.

I don't think playing the sport you present on should be a prerequisite. AFAIK Dan Walker never played football and Claire Balding who I appreciate is marmite but I really like to watch, also never played sport at a professional level I don't think.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Yes, Sam is very good, I think that Alex is more nervous, it shows on her face, I am sure that once she has been given some time she will relax.
I would like to help her relax I must admit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here