Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Focus - WTF

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I guess that was her first show, I’m sure she’ll get the hang of it, she was bound to be a bit nervous.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The feature on the Afghan refugee lady who has rebuilt her life in football in Europe was quite moving, and well worth a watch IMHO. Then that gets immediately followed by a feature on some random Yank woman about to retire with about a million caps for her country or something. Guess FF lost just about all of its core demographic at that point. If ITV were smart, they'd go toe-to-toe with FF and nick a huge chunk of FF's audience earlydoors. IMHO, like

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just watching football focus. What's happened to the chap who used to present it? It's not got Alex Scott presenting it and it's truly awful. Her voice inflection is all over the place meaning that most of what she says doesn't make sense. She can't read from an autocue either. I thought she was a (average) pundit, not a presenter.

She just did something about a photo of a boiler on the wall behind her, which I think was supposed to be a joke, but I replayed it several times and it still doesn't make sense.

Please tell me she's just a temporary stand in?

Alec. It's Alec.

:rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haven’t watched it in years, it’s a vacuous bit of broadcasting, a cure for insomnia.

The last time I think was when the BBC had plugged an amazing article coming up about Brighton and the Lancing training complex. In the end it was a token 2 minute interview with CH and you saw bugger all of the place. Pathetic.

Their too busy licking ManC and Manure.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I guess that was her first show, I’m sure she’ll get the hang of it, she was bound to be a bit nervous.

Is the right answer, obviously to anyone with half a brain cell.

Am surprised anyone bothers watching it thesedays, mind.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The feature on the Afghan refugee lady who has rebuilt her life in football in Europe was quite moving, and well worth a watch IMHO. Then that gets immediately followed by a feature on some random Yank woman about to retire with about a million caps for her country or something. Guess FF lost just about all of its core demographic at that point. If ITV were smart, they'd go toe-to-toe with FF and nick a huge chunk of FF's audience earlydoors. IMHO, like

On The Ball and Saint & Greavsie were only a few sports programmes from ITV that matched or beat the BBC.
If they could replicate them then I agree but ITV sports presenters are all Bell ends, they would probably put Jim Rosenthal in the seat.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
She is passable as a pundit but as shown during the Olympics alongside Balding she's no good at presenting. Agree with OP her voice inflection is over the place, Quek would have been a far better choice.

boik

Carli Lloyd is some random Yank woman? Wow, you wear your ignorance with pride.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
In contrast, Kelly Somers doing a smashing job so far hosting Final Score.

I remember Dan and Sam taking a couple of days to click on the Olympic Breakfast show. Hopefully Alex will find her stride, although her elocution isn’t brilliant (then again many of the pundits’ is worse). At least it’s better than Karen Cairney’s!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My god it's getting worse now, she's just tried to say preliminarily
and said something completely random instead. She can't get a sentance out without tripping over her words. It's a shame this as she was okay as a pundit.

So she can't say "preliminary" and you can't spell it. Which is worse?

Her mistake might be due to nerves. What's your excuse?

Does Ms Scott also mispronounce the word "sentence" by any chance?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why oh why oh why...

...did I open this thread!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Sometimes one just longs for the 1970's when a proper Englishman could follow the scores on World of Sport without the nagging worry that a coloured lady would make an appearance.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
She's brilliant. I was stripping some old wallpaper off the lounge earlier and when I came back having left the TV on, it had all peeled off by itself!

In all fairness she tries hard, yes - is not particularly good and has a voice that grates, but the BBC have to be seen to have a fair spread of the sexes now on almost everything.

I'm sure she will improve over time. Give her a chance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks, but other people have posted similar observations as me In this thread yet you seem to have just singled me out. Is it personal? AFAIW I don't know you and have never had issues on here with individuals.

You're right of course. Apologies. I should have singled out the OP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sometimes one just longs for the 1970's when a proper Englishman could follow the scores on World of Sport without the nagging worry that a coloured lady would make an appearance.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here