Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football club names that for no other reason than you just like them.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Deportivo Wanka

I was hoping someone would name-check Peru's finest, although regrettably they don't exist anymore afaik. I think Argentina's Deportivo Moron are still going though.

Bolivia boasts a club called "The Strongest" and another called "Club Destroyers". I wouldn't fancy refereeing a game between those two. Bolivia also has a "Club Always Ready", so I suspect odd team names are a bit of a thing there.

It's tough trying to decide which is my favourite club name though. Norways FL Fart is a good one, not least because they play at the Fartbana stadium. I think, though, I'd have to pick KFC (yes, KFC, not FC) Winterslag of Belgium, because there are just so many possibilities with that one. Shame they don't exist anymore, they're part of Racing Genk now. If I had to pick a club that still exists, it'd be Insurance Management Bears of the Bahamas, just for the mental image.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Berwick Rangers. English side always battling it out in the Scottish leagues. They are usually in the lowest league but I still look out for their results. Funnily enough I do not look out for the Scottish Prem results at all.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Blyth Spartans. Also, look at that crest!
BlythSpartans.png

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I know it is not quite the same, but Fleetwood from the BSPrem are nick-named The Cod Army. Love it.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Dont know if they still exist but my Dad used to play for both Pegasus and Corinthian Casuals, both cool names...(blyth spartans reminded me of them)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
once lived in a bungalow called "montrose" and yeah i do look for their results

especially against forfar & brechin

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Bedlington Terriers FC , just imagine all of them sticking their heads out of the car windows looking smug after a particularly satisfying win against Airedale United, awesome!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A few I like from MLS - Chicago Fire, San Jose Earthquakes and Real Salt Lake. I think the last one is especially pretentious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here