Aug 8, 2010
got to be better than barrow away:lolol:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Barnet vs Charlton Athletic. Tie of the round. Big London derby. :thumbsup:

Probably be made all-ticket and a good chance of it being on TV. Wouldn't mind a replay.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Er, Gus said last year that he loves the FA cup and will always take it seriously. You lot not believe him or something? :nono:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any more than £10 to see the reserves and they will be taking the piss.

Before the club get slated for whatever price they set - BOTH clubs have to agree to a price reduction on the normal full price and the actual price itself.

Woking will probably see this as a chance to raise some money ( they get a good cut of the gate ) and so are unlikely to agree to much of a reduction.

Those are the FA rules NOT the clubs so please remember than before the normal binfest starts.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dagenham and Redbridge V Orient is surely the tie of the round ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Er, Gus said last year that he loves the FA cup and will always take it seriously. You lot not believe him or something? :nono:
But he didn't field full strength sides against Rushden and whoever else we played that weren't Villa (admittedly at that time he was still getting to know the squad).
I think he'll put out a lot of the reserves in this one because it's a good chance for them to get some senior football, and still win.

I hope so anyway, I'd like to see players like Baz, Caskey, Walker, Dunk etc from the start. That'd be more exciting to me than seeing our first team in this game (even if it could be another 8-0 or whatever like a few years ago).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gus will have to take it reasonably seriously as he won't want to be embarrassed by a defeat to a non league outfit so a reasonably strong side with maybe starts for Brez, Tanno and Dunk in defence and starts for Bridcutt and Baz. Hopefully we will keep Murray and Barnes up front even for this game rather than take chances as ultimately we will still need to score goals to win.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Before the club get slated for whatever price they set - BOTH clubs have to agree to a price reduction on the normal full price and the actual price itself.

Woking will probably see this as a chance to raise some money ( they get a good cut of the gate ) and so are unlikely to agree to much of a reduction.

Those are the FA rules NOT the clubs so please remember than before the normal binfest starts.
Well hopefully both clubs agree to a common sense pricing because if this is reduced it could be a fairly decent crowd, full price it will be another 2 or 3 thousand job probably.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
why?

anyway im happy with that.Can hopefully win without are starting 11 and into round 2

Because the TV companies are only interested in (1) potential upsets or (2) viewing figures.

Typically they only pick non league clubs if they're at home, because there's statistically a far greater chance of an upset, and they can milk all the cliches about shit grounds, terrible pitches and assorted postmen/mechanics/PE teachers in the pre-match build up. They also like to show League clubs slumming it, which 1000 Wednesday fans crammed into a narrow terrace behind one goal will undoubtedly do.

Fleetwood are doing very well this season, so will fancy their chances, and they're against the biggest club in the draw, who have been fairly inconsistent. If you're a Sky/ITV executive, it ticks all the boxes.

The other ties along similar lines are Cambridge v Huddersfield, and Leiston/Dartford v Port Vale.

Then there's always a completely mystifying League club v League club tie, usually on Monday night, where nobody at all has a clue why they've chosen to televise it. I'm going for Plymouth v Swindon, or at a push Dagenham v Orient.

Edits: I'm slightly talking out of my backside here as I meant Southport v Wednesday :facepalm:

But then again Fleetwood v Walsall might also be a chance of an upset :D

Sep 1, 2010
..........and they can milk all the cliches about shit grounds............

withdean.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here