Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foods you used to eat as a kid, but don't any more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Orange Juice from Worthing clinic and cod liver oil liquid, although I still take a cod liver oil tablet everyday but not a spoonful of the liquid. Also my gran used to make her own cough mixture up for us for during the winter months.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sandwich Paste (came in tiny jars)
Potato Waffles (although I'm tempted to buy some now)
Micro Chips (as in chips you put in the microwave rather than what you find in a computer)
Pop Tarts

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
I used to love Hazelnut yoghurt until nut allergies stopped them being made.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bacon and onion roll mmmmmm gorgeous , my mum made it by boiling it in a tea towel somehow , lovely with thick gravy and veg

That's the secret with all these suet Puds. Boiled in a cloth, usually a piece of old bed sheet tied into a parcel with string. I obtained my Scout Cookery badge with a Spotted Dick boiled in a billy can over an open fire at Small Dole Campsite. Circa 1957.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Orange Juice from Worthing clinic and cod liver oil liquid, although I still take a cod liver oil tablet everyday but not a spoonful of the liquid. Also my gran used to make her own cough mixture up for us for during the winter months.
Same here,we used to have a spoonful of malt as well,malt was too sweet for me so swapped my malt with my sister for her cod liver oil.
Another favourite was Farracks

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
drinks... milk can, fresca ( i think it was a fizzy grapefruit drink in a turquoise can), sprouts and boiled egg - together as a meal!!
luncheon meat, crisp sarnies, anything fried in old lard, fish cakes, fish fingers..

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
drinks... milk can, fresca ( i think it was a fizzy grapefruit drink in a turquoise can), sprouts and boiled egg - together as a meal!!
luncheon meat, crisp sarnies, anything fried in old lard, fish cakes, fish fingers..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tinned macaroni cheese :lol:

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Salt Beef
Mutton
Spratts (dusted in flour and fried - delicious)
Herrings
Game - usually Rabbit,Pheasant,Wood Pigeon -what ever my Granddad,Dad and uncles shot.
Rhubarb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here