Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So you think we should get rid of Dunky then?

Quite so. Dunk's challenge on Cahill was probably just as bad but because it was Dunk, and because it was on Cahill, there was probably a collective grin and we all moved on.

I really don't get all this hate against Andone from a few here. But then we always have "the usual suspects".

I was disappointed at the time that Potter didn't use all his certificates to deal with any anger / aggression issues that Andone may have had rather than immediately kicking him out on loan.

Or did Andone's passion and frustration just get the better of him as Dunk's did against palace?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I was disappointed at the time that Potter didn't use all his certificates to deal with any anger / aggression issues that Andone may have had rather than immediately kicking him out on loan.

Remember Potter was not in the job long and must have had many more urgent issues to deal with. Perhaps Andone fell through the cracks. I am guessing that Potter is in a better position now.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Does it matter if he gets three reds a sesaon? Gives an opportunity to another player and he gets a rest! As long as he doesn't upset the dressing room and we can handle his off days, no problem.

This ! ... we dont seem to moan when Dunk has a bit of Red mist now and then ! .. Exception being , that he has more than proved his worth to the team and club .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone can make a rash challenge on the football field, and I don't think his Southampton red card is sufficient evidence to make a decision on his Albion career.

What does concern me is the reaction to him departing and his reaction once he'd gone. Paul Hayward remarked that his leaving do could have been held in a phone box, while Andone blamed everyone but himself for his plight.

We need to get rid and replace him. I know that isn't easy, especially when we have a lack of decent strikers, but I feel it needs to be done. His career record is not good enough to justify bending over backwards for him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I rather like the cut of his jib, indeed I like his 'fight.' I don't mind saying it, nor do I feel I have to defend it.

I will say this, I suspect he got himself wound up before the Southampton game, it being a derby or sorts... indeed I suspect any rallying call from the boss et al might have been a tad misinterpreted by our feisty Romanian... He went a little loco and from there I guess he was asked wtf?!?? and probably said you told us to be up for the game boss?? ... Yes, but not like that! etc. and the rest is a rather inglorious history.

It's clear he's eaten some serious humble pie (judging by the coverage from the club/tweets etc.) and made his peace with the squad and GP... I think he will play a part in pre-season AND if that goes well he'll be a part of the squad for the coming season.

I'd day that has to be a good thing, surely? Or am I missing something? like a natural goalscorer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite so. Dunk's challenge on Cahill was probably just as bad but because it was Dunk, and because it was on Cahill, there was probably a collective grin and we all moved on.

I really don't get all this hate against Andone from a few here. But then we always have "the usual suspects".

Or did Andone's passion and frustration just get the better of him as Dunk's did against palace?

I see no reason to hate anyone. But I also see no reason why a player who spent a very substantial time injured would suddenly be the solution to... anything.

Andone would destroy him! Maupay is all bark - a bit cynical and niggly. Andone is Eastern European - proper hard!

Dont think so. Steel - https://www.transfermarkt.com/neal-maupay/verletzungen/spieler/217115 - versus glass - https://www.transfermarkt.com/florin-andone/verletzungen/spieler/177065 - usually doesnt end well for the glass.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I rather like the cut of his jib, indeed I like his 'fight.' I don't mind saying it, nor do I feel I have to defend it.

I will say this, I suspect he got himself wound up before the Southampton game, it being a derby or sorts... indeed I suspect any rallying call from the boss et al might have been a tad misinterpreted by our feisty Romanian... He went a little loco and from there I guess he was asked wtf?!?? and probably said you told us to be up for the game boss?? ... Yes, but not like that! etc. and the rest is a rather inglorious history.

It's clear he's eaten some serious humble pie (judging by the coverage from the club/tweets etc.) and made his peace with the squad and GP... I think he will play a part in pre-season AND if that goes well he'll be a part of the squad for the coming season.

I'd day that has to be a good thing, surely? Or am I missing something? like a natural goalscorer.

I dont believe this is even nearly the case but if it is, its just... dumb. Too dumb.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I dont believe this is even nearly the case but if it is, its just... dumb. Too dumb.

Perhaps, and yes it's how you say: a dumb piece of sixth form conjecture BUT it could have happened, but at the same time perhaps not. That's the thing, none of us will ever really know... However, not everything in this world has to contain Westworld style complexities, indeed sometimes people just act dumb.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If he can have a good pre season then Potter is the sort of manager to welcome him back and use him regularly. It isn't unusual for an individual and their new boss to see things differently and two years of transformation may help him to see things Potter's way

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Having looked at newsreels of possible new strikers, this one ain't bad

Nearly 30 caps for Romania and has Premier league experience.

Training well and looking happy.

I have high hopes for a reborn Andone this season.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=andone+highlights&docid=608047986320481816&mid=D17F9AE429902D484A83D17F9AE429902D484A83&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Still one of my favourite V Palace goals that night, couple of Palace mugs sat in front of us in the west stand middle tier that night who were having a bit of Corp Hospitality, they complained about us giving them some when that goal went in and were moved for the second half [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
With the price on the heads of a top quality striker i would of thought that it makes sense to hold on to a fit Andone this season and see what happens I would put him ahead of Connolly anyway.
We could be binning off a decent striker.
All ifs and buts but I wonder how many chances he would have taken that were offered to Maupay last season.
I think he is good enough, he also has strength and takes no shit off anyone.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
With the price on the heads of a top quality striker i would of thought that it makes sense to hold on to a fit Andone this season and see what happens I would put him ahead of Connolly anyway.
We could be binning off a decent striker.
All ifs and buts but I wonder how many chances he would have taken that were offered to Maupay last season.
I think he is good enough, he also has strength and takes no shit off anyone.

I suspect we will continue to search for a suitable signing that would offer something exciting and hold on to Andone if such a player doesn't materialise. From what I have seen of him Andone could be the answer or would certainly lessen my concerns about not signing another

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've always thought that Andone was just a little unlucky with that red card against Southampton. It looked to me as if he was trying to get his body between the player and the ball to shield it but caught him with his studs. I don't think it was at all a premediated or even intentional foul.

As for his ability as a striker, I think he has shown his quality. Yes, there was the Palace goal, and the pace and ambition in that is a powerful argument for keeping him right there. But look also at his winner away to Huddersfield and his goal in Potter's first game at Watford, both well-timed, darting near-post runs of the type that seem beyond Maupay. And what about his headed winner at home to Huddersfield? Another perfectly-timed run to take himself clear of defenders and a header into the net instead of over the bar, which is where most of our so-called strikers would probably have put it.

Okay, he may fail the 'no d*ckheads' test. But I'm fed up watching us lose to teams full of d*ckheads (mentioning nobody in particular) because we can't score against them. Keep him until we find someone who is demonstrably better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here