Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
An aggressive player picked up a couple of reds and NSC had decided he’s mentally unstable :facepalm:

We need some bite in the team if we had a few more Palace would of never scored the winner last season.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Yes personal development is possible and frequently occuring. Maybe not on NSC but elsewhere.

Its up to the individual and the people in his surroundings.

Is it necessary to reply to rhetorical questions? :moo:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does it matter if he gets three reds a sesaon? Gives an opportunity to another player and he gets a rest! As long as he doesn't upset the dressing room and we can handle his off days, no problem.

Well, it depends on the context / timing / circumstances of the dismissal, obviously.

One of his reds cost us three vital points against a PL relegation rival. Three like that, sends us down.

His 'other' which pre-VAR he escaped, until after the game, would have seen us dumped out of a cup.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
His red was for a terrible challenge but not enough to signify a complete basket case, that mental issues thing comes from being packed out on loan straight afterwards and the NSC echo chamber building theories into facts. Definitely of more concern is his year out due to injury, if he can get back to his original physical levels then he might end up playing for us again - possibly a goal or two in cup games would give him that chance.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
He`s like a fragment grenade , he goes off and takes everything around him down , if GP can work his magic he could become a shaped charge and do all the damage in the right place . Now in English , i would love to see him playing the way we know he can in the stripes , goals like the 3rd against palace are not flukes they are skill and hard work . He has been moved about a bit in the last couple of seasons , maybe he will realise which side his bread is buttered on and knuckle down under hairy Potter .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wasn't he given a retrospective red after the West Brom cup game?

1, as indicated, I was merely relaying what another poster said
2, not sure there is such a thing as a retrospective red. Pre-VAR, if you committed a sending-off offence which wasn't picked up by the on-field referee, you were awarded a ban as if you had been awarded a red for the offence. In other words, I don't think this would constitute a further red, although others might know the rules (back then) better than I do.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He has been moved about a bit in the last couple of seasons , maybe he will realise which side his bread is buttered on and knuckle down under hairy Potter .

Love it....

Attachments

• Graham Potter beard.jpg.gallery - Copy.jpg
    Graham Potter beard.jpg.gallery - Copy.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 163

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My take on Andone's departure is that, it was all about the timing.

He Andone was massively frustrated that he wasn't getting the game time/making the impact he thought he could.
Potter as a new and largely unproven manager, had as his number one short term objective, get control of the dressing room. I am pretty sure he would have said, anyone who doesn't want to be here, I won't stand on your way (unless you are Lewes Dunk)
That Potter managed to move on Locadia, Duffy and Andone and survive, tells you a lot about his strength of character.

Andone has come back for rehab and has been welcomed back into the fold. He knows he has to re-establish himself as a player, even if he still wants to leave. He has every motivation to play for us and to give everything.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Open minded but as they say a leopard doesn’t change his spots.

I'm pretty sure he could if he dyed all his hair black. Then he wouldn't have any spots.

The leopard, not Andone, of course.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure he could if he dyed all his hair black. Then he wouldn't have any spots.

Exactly, [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] is on very Icy ground. Has he not seen what peroxide did for Connolly .... oh

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

A black leopard is technically called a panther. :)

As all dog or cat owners will know, animal coats fade slightly with age, so technically leopards do change their spots...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Quite astonishing that people want him back

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It is the same with any player out for a long time. The longer they are out / injured / away the better people think the player is

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Quite astonishing that people want him back

I'm not sure that is what is being said generally. If the club and GP take him back, then there is possible redemption as in our new attacking style, he could contribute. If the club decide not to, then that is also understandable.

I'd more more astonished if people didn't want him back even though the club and management had decided to give him another go. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here