Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flintoff dropped

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Flintoff sacked as vice-captain, according to TMS.

Is there an echo?!:lolol:

Bit harsh really, just for falling of a paedo, I mean his sexual preferences shouldn't really come into it.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Apparently the other four on the p*ss with him were Ian Bell, Liam Plunkett, James Anderson and Jon Lewis. Will be interesting to see how Anderson and Plunkett bowl today with hangovers.... Bell didn't do much with the bat.

226-4 now after 45 overs - I'm sorry but that is f*cking sh*t. The Aussies would be passed 300 by now.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
The same chance we had when dickheads like Botham were in the team?

At least Botham rarely let England down on the pitch.Legend in my book.As for Flintoff......................

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Come on, cricketers on tour are famed for doing this sort of thing, especially in the West Indies. I don't think badly of any of the cricket played by Botham for, er, spending the night with a former Miss Grenadines or whoever it was, or Tuffnell for smoking dope, or Gower and Morris for divebombing a practice match in a Tiger Moth.

I don't think Flintoff should be captain, but that's nothing to do with this.

Oh, and Bopara's out.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Come on, cricketers on tour are famed for doing this sort of thing, especially in the West Indies. I don't think badly of any of the cricket played by Botham for, er, spending the night with a former Miss Grenadines or whoever it was, or Tuffnell for smoking dope, or Gower and Morris for divebombing a practice match in a Tiger Moth.

Did any of those things happen ONE DAY before a huge World Cup match which we must win? Not only was it a disgrace that they went out drinking after such an utterly abject performance against New Zealand, but they were still out until 4am Saturday morning, just over 24 hours before today's match. I'd imagine some of the players are probably still feeling the effects from Friday night. Its a disgrace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
279/6 after 50 overs

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Big Jim said:
I can't help but think it could be alcholism possibly made worse from stress of being a captain last year.

So he may not be a well man. ?

Christ on a bike, that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. Perhaps he's just a very well paid sportsman in a hot country with a lot of other well paid sportsmen -- and was simply being an arse?

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Christ on a bike, that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. Perhaps he's just a very well paid sportsman in a hot country with a lot of other well paid sportsmen -- and was simply being an arse?

Could be, but could also be a drink problem.

Booze is the route of all evil if you're a drunk.

He's been warned about it before from all accounts.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
really has lost the plot,had the whole cricket world at his feet,but think he is on a slippery slope,hope he proves me wrong,but cant see it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
slippery slope, alcoholism blah blah blah....

He's a very well paid sportsman in a hot climate and time to kill. He was an arse, has been punished, now let him get on with playing cricket.

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Big Jim said:
Could be, but could also be a drink problem.

Booze is the route of all evil if you're a drunk.

Hmmm. I got drunk last autumn and broke my arm trying to jump over a fence. I was off work for a week. Yes, it was quite a silly thing to do. But it doesn't mean I have a drink problem.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
empire said:
really has lost the plot,had the whole cricket world at his feet,but think he is on a slippery slope,hope he proves me wrong,but cant see it.

Agree, which is why I think he's got a drink problem.
Being warned about drunken conduct, then carrying on as if nothings happened. Nobody in their right mind would throw away the talent and oppurtunity's that he has had. Or the risk of losing the England Captaincy (if it comes around again)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Who's going to get the 'My Pedalo Hell' exclusive?

And I can't help feeling there's even more to this story. When the 'Restore Freddie' spin starts, Max Clifford will come up with some ludicrous tale about how he rushed to the aid of a team-mate being attacked by a Great White shark armed only with a cricket bat and a box. National hero once again, everybody happy.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Common as Mook said:
slippery slope, alcoholism blah blah blah....

He's a very well paid sportsman in a hot climate and time to kill. He was an arse, has been punished, now let him get on with playing cricket.

He's been warned about it a few times before I believe.

It could be either a Drunk or Arse, but it wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be another Merson or George Best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here