Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flintoff dropped

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
:lolol: cant see it mind,hasnt really lived up to his fame since the ashes has he?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thing is,its always us the english,you dont see players from oz doing this sort of thing,thats why we are always behind the likes of them.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
empire said:
thing is,its always us the english,you dont see players from oz doing this sort of thing,thats why we are always behind the likes of them.

Quite. People like Shane Warne are model professional's.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thats the difference,they do it im sure,but dont get caught and their performance doesnt suffer!!,and shane warne is a prime example,of the pitch shagging for oz,and on the pitch for oz,still class,it does not mean its right by all means,but the stats dont lie

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
empire said:
thats the difference,they do it im sure,but dont get caught and their performance doesnt suffer!!,and shane warne is a prime example,of the pitch shagging for oz,and on the pitch for oz,still class,it does not mean its right by all means,but the stats dont lie

Exactly - you wouldn't see Warne doing this sort of thing in the middle of an Ashes series

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
empire said:

Or rather the ACB doesn't care and doesn't try and get all high and mighty about such things. Warne used to turn up for tests with the shakes from the night before!

What happended when Mark Waugh and Warne were caught on the other end of a bung? Nothing.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Hmmm. I got drunk last autumn and broke my arm trying to jump over a fence. I was off work for a week. Yes, it was quite a silly thing to do. But it doesn't mean I have a drink problem.

But I doubt you were being the vice captain for the England world cup in less than 48 hours. Meaning you could actually be the captain if the captain goes off injured.

It's totally irresponsible, and considering the position he's in, should have known better and known when to stop.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Timbo said:
Or rather the ACB doesn't care and doesn't try and get all high and mighty about such things. Warne used to turn up for tests with the shakes from the night before!

What happended when Mark Waugh and Warne were caught on the other end of a bung? Nothing.
dont think he has just been dropped just because of that incident has he,his form is shite,thats the differance between warne and waugh,they have always produced on the pitch even after shagging and pissin it up

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
empire said:
dont think he has just been dropped just because of that incident has he,his form is shite,thats the differance between warne and waugh,they have always produced on the pitch even after shagging and pissin it up

Good point. I'll let you have this one!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Canada 8 for 1

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Chesney Christ said:
ONE DAY before a huge World Cup match which we must win?

No, no, no, no, no. Tis only a game. :)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
171-6 now. Ashif Mulla and Abdool Samad (good old Canadian names) put on nearly 100 for the 5th wicket. Could have got exciting!

Australia meanwhile show everyone what to do with a non test playing country and beat Holland by 229 runs.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
empire said:
:lolol: cant see it mind,hasnt really lived up to his fame since the ashes has he?

That's the thing, though. I don't think he should have to "live up to his fame". He didn't choose to be the man of the moment when cricket suddenly became cool again. He hasn't really gone round seeking publicity anywhere (OK, apart from the obligatory autobiography, but who hasn't done one of those?)

People mentioning alcoholism and all that sort of nonsense just want to knock him down, having built him up. It's not very nice.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the last word on this should be left to curvy Katie Downes on the Sun's Page Three for tomorrow.

The 21-year-old from Liverpool said: “Freddie should hit the bails, not the ales.“

Absolute quality. I mean, does anyone in the country believe she actually said that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here