Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flinders and Ifill

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Iffil actually lives in the swanky flats above sports soccer world on North street. Must be tempting to play for your home town team SURELY!

You know what i thought Flinders was over hyped and actually no better than kuipers or Sullivan. In Kuipers we have a committed and loyal keeper and a top understudy in sullivan. Ifill would be a top signing and realistic. It's inevitable he will play for the Albion one day and I think that time is now.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Ifills not likely to want to move given he has based his career in the south (apart from a year at Sheff utd) and was born and raised in Brighton. WIKI says he has just had a baby as well. If a championship club are to come in for him I would imagine they would need to be driving distance from Brighton (are Reading the only team?). If not there are plenty of league 1 clubs who would be suitable - charlton, Colchester, southampton, millwall to name 4 - He IS a Brighton fan, relatively near the end of his career given the injuries so might not be looking for a bumper payday and on his day is a very good player indeed. Would surely be worth a look!

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
There is no way Sully will sign up for another stint at number 2 not unless he is guaranteed a chance at number 1.... after hearing what he said on Sat and knowing what I know I am fairly sure he'll be off

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Yes Silent Bob Flinders had a spell under Slade at Yeovil it wouldn't surprise me if he joins us again !!.Chris Weale has been released by Bristol City and he
played under Slade too !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Flinders could be a contender if Sully is given the old heave ho next week especially as Flinders was on loan at Yeovil so Slade knows how he plays.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Heard Flinders did well at Falkirk and think he did ewell here. It2s true that GK is not a problem position right now but if Sully leaves then I would get Flinders in pretty sharpish. MK is still good for League One but he's not getting younger and there were a few more injuries this year so if Sully goes we need a good replacement.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People actually want flinders? We won 16% of games with him in the team (for comparison, that year we won 48% with kuipers and 36% with Henderson). I think we won on his debut, possibly one other win, the rest of his three month stay with us was full of losses.

I'd prefer Henderson to him, and I really didn't like Henderson.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Henderson STARRED for Grimsby on loan and was largely responsible for keeping them up.

Hopefully he is returning to full fitness and form.

A quality keeper.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
And Kuipers thats for sure.
Don't get the adualtion he attains TBH as he is no better than average League one standard at best.

You miss my point. I wasn't comparing a new No.1 with Kuipers - i'ts a given that he would be better than Kuipers or there'd be no point in signing him.

My point was that it shouldn't be Flinders because he isn't of that standard.

I guess FDM gets some adulation because of his length of service to the club. Same as OGH who is also no better than average League One standard...which is a bit higher than the club itself at the moment!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flinders had a good spell with us. But it was three or four years ago now, and he STILL hasn't really made it anywhere has he? I have my doubts.

I'd still like a new keeper to replace one of either Kuipers or Sullivan- probably Kuipers because he's past his best. But I don't think it's Flinders. Unlikely to be Chris Weale either as I'd imagine he'll sign for Yeovil again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here