Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flinders and Ifill

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2009
Interesting as I think that a keeper will be one of Slade's first signings. Wouldn't be popular to bring in a keeper such as Flinders to take over the No.1 jersey from FDM but I think it is the right thing to do.

Slade has the advantage of being able to be objective as to how good a keeper Kuipers is now and not being influenced by how long he has been at the club and what he has done for us previously. We shall see,

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
i'm sorry but i think the FDM is past it in my opinion. Although he has been a great servant to the club should we play him based on this because whenever the ball went near him on saturday i was brickin it. this is y i think we shud get flinders because i rated him when he came down on here on loan and he must be better than sully if he cant get the no.1 shirt off of kuipers!

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes he does live in Brighton, but I thought the rumour was he was on £8k at Palace. He'd have to take a massive pay cut to come here.
Well since his contract will not be renewed he will soon be on £0. :)

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
i'm sorry but i think the FDM is past it in my opinion. Although he has been a great servant to the club should we play him based on this because whenever the ball went near him on saturday i was brickin it. this is y i think we shud get flinders because i rated him when he came down on here on loan and he must be better than sully if he cant get the no.1 shirt off of kuipers!

I don't agree with you about FDM. He does have his dodgy moments as do all keepers at our level, but I didn't notice any on Saturday and he made a couple of decent saves.

However, I'd prefer Sully to Flinders. I didn't rate him as anything special when he was here - had his dodgy moments too. Hasn't he been on loan to a Scottish club for part of this season?

I have no problem with us bringing in a keeper who is superior to FDM or Sully, but in my opinion Flinders wouldn't come into that category.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ian Hart is on the planning team for Kuipers testimonial year

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be great if we could sign both of them Flinders would take over as No 1 and Ifill would be an automatic choice, when fit. As has been said Slad had Flinders on loan at Yeovil so obviously rates him quite high and I consider him to be better than FDM, who would be an ideal back up.

Sully said his contract was up and he would have to take a long look and do what is best for him and his career, so a move seems on the cards.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I consider him to be better than FDM

Your comment comes as no surprise as you'd probably think I was better than FDM and I haven't played in goal for nearly 30 years! But I disagree entirely. I saw nothing in Flinders to say that he was better than FDM. If we are to have a new No. 1 then I would hope for better quality than Flinders.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
isn't Ifill crocked though?

I seem to remember SJLM or one of the palarse regulars on here saying he's hardly ever fit now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is Ifill the new Kanchelskis?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
makes no odds, the lad is Brighton born and bred, and has been banging in goals for large parts of the season. I would have thought a years contract would be an option, on of course reduced terms. But I would still feel other Championship clubs will be sniffing around after the goals he has scored.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
To be honest with Super Russ in charge now I think signing a crock like Ifill is unlikely. I would imagine he will be very careful and clever with the money available. Who knows is the real answer though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here