Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flares / Blue & White smoke when we score

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m and old git and I love to see ‘em. I wouldn’t risk a ban by chucking one myself (far too sensible now, obviously…..and I would have to find a new hobby) but if some of the yoof are prepared to take the risk then that’s their lookout. I understand the breathing difficulties they might cause for some, but the illicit clouds of sweet-smelling vape shite that waft around at most games (against the rules) isn’t great either.

My thoughts exactly.

Are we the only fanbase in Europe complaining about them, especially after a glorious away win and GOALS!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m and old git and I love to see ‘em. I wouldn’t risk a ban by chucking one myself (far too sensible now, obviously…..and I would have to find a new hobby) but if some of the yoof are prepared to take the risk then that’s their lookout. I understand the breathing difficulties they might cause for some, but the illicit clouds of sweet-smelling vape shite that waft around at most games (against the rules) isn’t great either.

I’m too old to think about buying smoke bombs and throwing them, but too young to moan about them. :)

Back in the day if you threw a smoke bomb on the pitch the Argus would take you out for drinks for a story:moo:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230_073132.jpg
    Screenshot_20211230_073132.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20220210_204514.jpg
    Screenshot_20220210_204514.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 129

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Flares beat toilet rolls hands down, which I used to throw 'back in the day'

I have no problem whatsoever with the younger generation getting excited and doing what they have to do - too many old gits in the away end who are far too passive

There would not be full away ends if all old gits ( over 50's) were banned and I can assure you not all oldies are 'passive' and who cares if they are passive they have probably followed BHA for a long time and might not want to throw flares or jump around like a lunatic.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
So many sensitive people on this thread - no wonder Amex is a morgue at times, especially the West where I'm guessing some of you moaners sit.

If someone wants to take the risk of a banning because they take in a flare and light it, chuck it, then that's on them.

No problem from me whatsoever.

Have you watched football abroad and experienced the amazing light shows fans put on? They are incredible to witness and ADD to the atmosphere. And I don't mean in a 'Das Reich' hooligan sense.

Anyway. This is a football board of opinions. Some differ to mine, some are the same. Whatever.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
So many sensitive people on this thread - no wonder Amex is a morgue at times, especially the West where I'm guessing some of you moaners sit.

If someone wants to take the risk of a banning because they take in a flare and light it, chuck it, then that's on them.

Have you watched football abroad and experienced the amazing light shows fans put on? They are incredible to witness and ADD to the atmosphere. And I don't mean in a 'Das Reich' hooligan sense.

Anyway. This is a football board of opinions. Some differ to mine, some are the same. Whatever.

This

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
One rather shameful/embaresing thing I saw yesterday was the ' lost/young/New generation' grab 2 Moder shirts that were meant for some kids at the front....then proudly show them off to everyone....leave the free shirts for the kids..

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

No, but I’ve been to Hillsborough. Wow.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Seriously ? who on earth would you want to do that? glad im an old git sometimes..

It's not as bad as you'd think. I normally carry a few spare bottle tops too if you ever need one. I can even arrange a flask with prior notice.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Stop being a miserable old fart. Might not be for you. But if they want to take the risk and enjoy it. Let them crack on. It’s the first generation in about 30 years where we actually have a young set of supporters going to games.

I posted this on another thread, OK this is about flares, not smoke bombs, but hey, just having fun, eh!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-denmark-romania-cardiff-giggs-15417096.amp

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I posted this on another thread, OK this is about flares, not smoke bombs, but hey, just having fun, eh!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-denmark-romania-cardiff-giggs-15417096.amp

It’s a smoke bomb. Not a flair.

Yes it is just a bit of fun. If it was really that much of a problem. We would have a message from the club by now. But you see them using pictures on our main media outlets so the club clearly not that bothered.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s a smoke bomb. Not a flair.

Yes it is just a bit of fun. If it was really that much of a problem. We would have a message from the club by now. But you see them using pictures on our main media outlets so the club clearly not that bothered.

This report is a little dated, but it seems not everyone thinks it's "fun"...

https://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

I'm guessing the club hasn't issued a bottle top style edict, as its illegal to take a smoke bomb to a game, in the same way as they haven't asked people not to bring knives or guns to a game!

Last edited:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Why?

I don’t get it. The stewards quickly identified the alleged culprit, now they will get banned…..

The smoke then blew back towards us, all very unimpressive……

If I’m missing the point apologies

Over here, they're used a lot and it can be really spectacular.

Here's the team I support here, AEL Limassol in Belgrade a few years back, flares kick in about 6:10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here