Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flares / Blue & White smoke when we score

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Didn't the chap who threw a pie at Zaha get a ban? I guess throwing anything towards the pitch is not encouraged especially tactical advise

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Isn't it strange that fans who weren't born during our dark days start moaning at the very generation of fans who kept the club alive.

Check the year I 'joined' fool (although it was years before July 2003, which was the date of Bozza's 'missing posts readjustment' period :thumbsup:

I was there through all the trouble and strive and then some

We have too many older fans in the away ends who don't sing and shout and jump around and generate an atmosphere, so hats off to the younger ones who do

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Check the year I 'joined' fool (although it was years before July 2003, which was the date of Bozza's 'missing posts readjustment' period :thumbsup:

We have too many older fans in the away ends who don't sing and shout and jump around and generate an atmosphere, so hats off to the younger ones who do

The thread is about flares.

FFS you (and some others) need to get a grip. You'll be saying that NSC is becoming like Nazi Germany next :facepalm:

So we have concluded flares look nice but may be a problem for asthmatics, that you will likely get a ban if caught, and that for those who think it is worth the risk, apparently they won't mind being banned (and missing games). Which is a bit peculiar. But if you are pissed up and on drugs you probably don't care about anything much anyway. Who knew?

I am struggling to be outraged.....yyyyyyy...no. There again, I'm not asthmatic. :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Perhaps we should execute all fans over 30 years old. That would teach them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How dare oldies go to away games. Do you want to ban the disabled ones too?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Flares beat toilet rolls hands down, which I used to throw 'back in the day'

I have no problem whatsoever with the younger generation getting excited and doing what they have to do - too many old gits in the away end who are far too passive

Pretty much my take on it too. Youngsters showing a bit of passion; if they want to risk it then good for them!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not flares though are they, flares have the potential to seriously injure,these smoke bombs may hurt your feelings or smell kinda weird but that's it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

100% agree. But why does jumping around and singing, not a new thing at football even if you believe the game is only 29 years old, need illegal smoke bombs causing some of our fans to be given 1st aid? Or are you not advocating smoke bombs?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You could furiously email Barber and DEMAND the culprit gets hung drawn and quartered.

And then moan about the atmosphere at home games when it’s full of old farts as the younger generation have all been banned.

Not banned. Surely hung drawn and quartered?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not flares though are they, flares have the potential to seriously injure,these smoke bombs may hurt your feelings or smell kinda weird but that's it.

Except that’s not entirely true, someone had to be given first aid by sounds of (as has happened at other grounds, hence why they’re banned).

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Love it. Well done all who bring smoke bombs. Been all over Europe watching games and it's the norm. Our fans are so precious it's embarrassing! The lost generation are coming through and are vocal. Long may it continue, keep it up!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m and old git and I love to see ‘em. I wouldn’t risk a ban by chucking one myself (far too sensible now, obviously…..and I would have to find a new hobby) but if some of the yoof are prepared to take the risk then that’s their lookout. I understand the breathing difficulties they might cause for some, but the illicit clouds of sweet-smelling vape shite that waft around at most games (against the rules) isn’t great either.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Love it. Well done all who bring smoke bombs. Been all over Europe watching games and it's the norm. Our fans are so precious it's embarrassing! The lost generation are coming through and are vocal. Long may it continue, keep it up!

The “Their” generation are as noisy at away games IMO, not least because they have a tendency to actually watch the game instead of texting, making videos, taking selfies, going to the toilet all the time because of weak bladders, leaving well before HT to get a beer, still drinking in concourse and singing after the 2nd half has begun… ;)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The thread is about flares.

FFS you (and some others) need to get a grip. You'll be saying that NSC is becoming like Nazi Germany next :facepalm:

So we have concluded flares look nice but may be a problem for asthmatics, that you will likely get a ban if caught, and that for those who think it is worth the risk, apparently they won't mind being banned (and missing games). Which is a bit peculiar. But if you are pissed up and on drugs you probably don't care about anything much anyway. Who knew?

I am struggling to be outraged.....yyyyyyy...no. There again, I'm not asthmatic. :shrug:

Good summary…

The purpose of the thread was to understand why some would take the risk with the flares, of getting banned etc….

As per my OP, I didn’t think yesterdays was that impressive, just an opinion, perhaps I was too close…. But equally, this is a forum for discussion, and rather than discuss, some apparently find it easier to throw insults around (see what I did there?)….. All it does is highlight a lack of intelligence and helps me increase my ‘ignore’ list….

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The purpose of the thread was to understand why some would take the risk with the flares, of getting banned etc….

When you’re young you do all sorts of stupid things as you never think the consequences will catch up with you. As you get older you realise there’s a good probability that consequences will!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good summary…

As per my OP, I didn’t think yesterdays was that impressive, just an opinion, perhaps I was too close…. But equally, this is a forum for discussion, and rather than discuss, some apparently find it easier to throw insults around (see what I did there?)….. All it does is highlight a lack of intelligence and helps me increase my ‘ignore’ list….

:lolol: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here