Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flare at Southampton

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Some prat has just thrown a flare onto the pitch at St Marys. TV pictures got an excellent close up of this arsehole. When will they learn?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just saw that too. Nice clear picture of the wanker that threw it. Surely he's in deep crap now.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I was thinking what if the flare didn't reach the pitch & went into the crowd? Pandemonium/panic/trampling etc. He looked quite far back.

What an arsehole :nono: Banned for life.

At least you could make him out clearly.

No doubt the News of the World will have a feature:

'WERE YOU THE FA CUP FLARE THROWER?' Call us - don't worry about the cost, we'll call you straight back with an offer of readies for an exclusive....:tosser:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Whose fans was it?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Not sure. Was thrown at the goal Man U were attacking just after their third goal, so presume Southamptons

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Cereal Killer said:
It was Man Utd

Thinking about it it probably doesn't make much difference. They would most likely have been from Southampton in either case.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
What were they singing at the end? All i could hear was "Harry and Jim" and then i couldnt hear the rest ttto Tom Hark

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
What were they singing at the end? All i could hear was "Harry and Jim" and then i couldnt hear the rest ttto Tom Hark

Red and White

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Flare and Southampton aren't normally in the same sentence:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
_40919883_missile.jpg

Seagulls over Lewes ....

You've been around the County Town for a while. Tell me, do you honestly think flares like the one at Southampton are "dangerous"?

I've been to matches in Europe where serious pyrotechnics have been used. It's all added to the atmosphere.

No doubt after today, we'll get editorials in the newspapers demanding ACTION BY THE AUTHORITIES. And no doubt, the authorities will TAKE ACTION.

Shame, I say.

Stupid of the lad to throw it on the pitch though.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
hope the tw@t gets hgis/her pic printed on ALL papers tomorrowm and banned from ALL grounds.

maybe even arrested (being a silly b'stard may not be illegal,
but putting people at risk like this certainly is...

i thoight football, and the fans, had grown out of this..

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
Seagulls over Lewes ....

You've been around the County Town for a while. Tell me, do you honestly think flares like the one at Southampton are "dangerous"?

I've been to matches in Europe where serious pyrotechnics have been used. It's all added to the atmosphere.

No doubt after today, we'll get editorials in the newspapers demanding ACTION BY THE AUTHORITIES. And no doubt, the authorities will TAKE ACTION.

Shame, I say.

Stupid of the lad to throw it on the pitch though.

I totally agree Mr Bracknell.

I let of 3 at the FA cup game at Peterborough and really got the crowd going. I didn’t even think about throwing them onto the pitch. I told everyone around me that I had them and what my intentions were and all the Albion fans begged me to let them off. Must say it made the atmosphere 10 times better and added so much colour with the balloons, etc.

Yes, it was a stupid thing to do by throwing that flare onto the pitch today but letting them off in the stands isn't no worse than having children standing with sparklers on bonfire night.

Problem now days is that the politically correct brigade want us all sitting in our seats like watching tennis.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here we go - we all condemn a flare but a few years back at Posh I was on my own trying to argue the toss about a flare :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here