Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Oh, and an X Factor-style video…

[yt]DhRBgmH2cDE[/yt]

Not what the Falmer For All team imagined, I'm sure. :D

A few recent quotes, btw…

"[Flags?] First sign of a plastic club, mine will be going straight in the bin. Gimmicks don't and won't make any difference." - Billy the Fish

"Flags are great for the family stand but anyone over 10 years old waving one needs to look at themselves" - Working class pride

"No plastic flags, no music. We have enough fans to make the noise and atmosphere." - Albumen

"Please please please no flags" - Rugrat

"As for naf flags - well if want to be a laughing stock like chelsea then go ahead" - Working class pride

"I can't WAIT to wave my FLAG" - Ernest

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It was immense. Not sure X-Factor invented the video montage tho.

The thing with the flags and Chelsea, they gave out the flags and then had no atmosphere. We had the flags, providing amazing visuals, AND an atmosphere.
I did think they might seem a bit fake and rubbish but actually it was fantastic.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I LOVED all that, it was so loud, so unlike ANYTHING we have ever had before - the flags were amazing, easily the best day/night of my life (sorry darling, kids)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That video is superb, and playing it before the teams came out was inspired as it really tapped into the fervour being generated in the stands. As for the flags, they were ace and i'll taking mine a long tomorrow. The club deserve a lot of credit for the pre-match warm-up on saturday it could not have gone any better.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It was about as plastic as you could probably get but it created a cracking atmosphere, it is now up to us to that every week without all the periphery stuff.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can see likening it to Chelsea, but the difference is, that we were waving those flags with a happiness and pride that a Chelsea fan will never ever know.

It was awesome.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was grinning ear to ear all game and build up, even when we were losing. It started to get a bit embaressing. The last time I grinned like that I was rolling at a festival. Happy, happy days.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thoroughly enjoed that promo video before the game. Would have even more so if it had concluded with the X Factor voiceover guy yelling BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Was looking for that original thread when it was announced that we would be given free flags for the game, certainly some interesting comments to look back on.

I was sceptical about them, but the visual effect was out of this World, absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to match that sort of build up again!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Plastic, tacky whatever. That video was perfect to get us going and the photos etc of the flags looked ace. Who gives a shit, it generated a fab atmosphere and got the crowd going, which was exactly what we needed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can see likening it to Chelsea, but the difference is, that we were waving those flags with a happiness and pride that a Chelsea fan will never ever know.

It was awesome.

Sometimes I cringe at being a Brighton fan.

Tom, do you really think that there are such things as "fans" of other teams rather than Brighton and Hove Albion or do you think that as the rest of the world dont support some little seaside town's football team they are all "plastic"?

For goodness sake!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Think I read somewhere that the video is going to be played before every match?

Won't QUITE be the same tomorrow, mind...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
History lesson. Cup Final '83 - Plenty of flags being waved that day, one of my abiding memories was the sea of flags waving as the teams came out for the start.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So what, everybody waved flags and, IMO, it look good, its is hughly unlikely to happen ago. Wembley look good when the cards were held aloft for the Brazil game.

It seems some people will not be happy until we are back to 5,000 a week and everybody sits on their hands.

Why is flag waving plastic anyway, we waved a few in '83, I still have mine somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here