Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flag-waving, dancers, water sprinklers, Blur's Song 2 etc

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can see likening it to Chelsea, but the difference is, that we were waving those flags with a happiness and pride that a Chelsea fan will never ever know.

It was awesome.

The difference at Chelsea on the nights I've been is that most of the people waving the flags are from the Far East, looking a bit bemused and don't even know the words to "Blue is the Colour". I think we reasserted that flags and passion don't have to be mutually exclusive. It had worked well enough at Cup Finals for decades before Chelsea did it. And their flags are tiny too.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I loved it all, the build up, the videos, the players on the scream, the booming noise when a sub was shown, the flags, the vibrations in my chest when the whole north stand was singing, the beer, the pies, the tv's in the concourse.

Only one teeny weeny criticism is that at the end of the game Praise You was put on whilst the crowd were in full flow singing mode and it was a shame that was cut short as it sounded incredible.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Oh, and an X Factor-style video…

Not what the Falmer For All team imagined, I'm sure. :D

Not far off what was disccused with the club by some of them 12 months ago. Some had been to a Barcelona pre season friendly where this kind of stuff was done well - the added difference was that the players were introduced one by one into the centre circle complete with search lights. Not sure Gus would have agreed with that :D

the flags were suggested at the same time to be reminiscent of the 83 cup final which was probably the greatest show of flag waving seen this side of Red square.

Not saying that the club would have based their planning on any feedback given at that stage though or even if they'll remember the conversation. Planning for the first game was a long way off in their minds then.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody love that video

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Everything about Saturdays pre match warm up was absolutly spot on !! You could just see the expression on the Donny fans faces . 'Any other day to play Brighton , but today'. I loved it . It charged up the crowd for what was to come.
And this plastic thing. It's a fact of life now. You will bump into people all over the concourse that you know. They may be plastics , but they are our plastics. They are drawn from the local area . I am sure you if you go to the Emirates or Stanford Bridge , you will still get your fair share of plastics but it is highly unlikely you will ever bump into anybody you know, because they are drawn from all over the south eastern counties and beyond.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Christ there are some miserable bastards about, eh [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION]? The flags looked UNBELIEVABLE on Saturday and really added to the occasion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
History lesson. Cup Final '83 - Plenty of flags being waved that day, one of my abiding memories was the sea of flags waving as the teams came out for the start.

That was all plastic fans of course (did they have plastic back then) (NB, this is sarcasm)

from the Far East, looking a bit bemused and don't even know the words to "Blue is the Colour". .

This lot certainly know it, they probably just thought why are they singing a Montedio Yamagata song, and they probably sing it with more passion than anything at the Bridge.

[yt]bxgGrlsoMHU[/yt]

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm 50, I was waving my flag & grinning like a goon.
Pre match beers in The Ladies Mile & Dicks, followed one of the best days I've ever had supporting the Albion; it was immense.
Then a knees up in Dicks with the Piranhas, followed by a few in town. Great day; make that a fantastic day.
Loved the video, loved the music, loved the flags, loved the atmosphere.

Still, I'm sure there are some that prefer the Withdean experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here