Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures - 24/25

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Start training now.

The Challenge Survival GIF by National Geographic Channel
Surely the away fans will be moved down by now, they were given 2 years to move them and that was about 4/5 years ago. Man utd and Newcastle were allowed the 2 years, Man Utd have done it. Kick them out of the league for not complying with Premier League rules!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I understand the last league fixture is always a Sunday 4pm BUT why is the week before (Sunday 18th) 3pm at home to Liverpool on a Sunday?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I understand the last league fixture is always a Sunday 4pm BUT why is the week before (Sunday 18th) 3pm at home to Liverpool on a Sunday?

FA cup final on the Saturday

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Surely the away fans will be moved down by now, they were given 2 years to move them and that was about 4/5 years ago. Man utd and Newcastle were allowed the 2 years, Man Utd have done it. Kick them out of the league for not complying with Premier League rules!
Been the last 2 seasons to Newcastle, and I love the view up there

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
United have started at home eight seasons in a row and West Ham don't have to leave London until their 10th game of the season.

I'd love to know how the fixtures are really pulled together. It's clearly not just spat out by a 'supercomputer', so it seems 'anomalies' like this should be quite easy to avoid?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
United have started at home eight seasons in a row and West Ham don't have to leave London until their 10th game of the season.

I'd love to know how the fixtures are really pulled together. It's clearly not just spat out by a 'supercomputer', so it seems 'anomalies' like this should be quite easy to avoid?
Didn't help against us

I think clubs are allowed to make requests. Pretty sure we used to get the Pride fixture away.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Happy. Potential falling out with Mrs P avoided with away game on opening day 👍

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm very pleased we don't play Palace in the opening 3 games. I was fully expecting to before they lose players and Fab is bedding in. I think their squad will look different on 31st Aug to what it does on the 14th.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

100% - You used to be able to rely on being home either first or last game. Too many repeating patterns, Man United always starting at home being another one.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I think that's a nice mix of opening fixtures.

Everton (A) - Winnable, good opening match.
Man Utd (H) - Big but beatable team at home, nice.
Arsenal (A) - Tough test, but an ideal time to play them if we do well in our first two matches. Get it out of the way early if not.
Ipswich (H) - Possibly THE most winnable game of the season - especially having had a decent idea of what they're about a few games in.
Forest (H) - Another "should win". Even if we get 6 points from first five games, that's not a terrible start.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Thanks for the info. I can get a direct flight to lgw on a Saturday so a Sunday or Monday match would work well for me
It won’t be the Monday as international break following weekend and they release players on the Monday to their national squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here