Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First signs of bottling it creeping in

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You've got to know how to win ugly if you're going to achieve anything in football. The team dug in and came away with a crucial three points. A well below-par second half performance granted but the late goal will give them the confidence they need to take to the Fulham game to blow them away.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Scraped it tonight. Another play offs lottery looms. Still, mildly better than last season I guess.

LowQualityBait.png

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well I apologise it upset you. The post was ridiculous. I didn't think there would be so many bites. I mis-judged it

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
After watching both Burnley and Boro games Saturday we were no worse than either of them. Arguably better given we were away from home.

2 battling away wins and no reason why we can't win the next 4 and go to Boro promoted

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
For the record, I think is one of the best seasons we have had for many many years. Yes it was not a good 2nd half but we got the job done. Hughton has done a magnificent job with the squad.

I thought stating "Mildly better than last season" made it obvious that the post was not serious. Maybe I should have been more clear

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
For the record, I think is one of the best seasons we have had for many many years. Yes it was not a good 2nd half but we got the job done. Hughton has done a magnificent job with the squad.

I thought stating "Mildly better than last season" made it obvious that the post was not serious. Maybe I should have been more clear

Or just not have bothered in the first place? Although fair play for the apologies.

I never understand why people start threads like this just to get people to 'bite' - care to explain the thought process behind your one?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Or just not have bothered in the first place? Although fair play for the apologies.

I never understand why people start threads like this just to get people to 'bite' - care to explain the thought process behind your one?

It was less about the bite. I just thought it was obvious it was a wind up. I was only thinking it would get a few replies making it clear I have been rumbled.

It has been a brilliant season (Apart from Cardiff & Boro) We have looked every bit the real deal

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It was pretty authentic I'll give you that!

I really meant it as nothing more than a silly post. I didn't think it would cause a reaction that way. Apologies again. Although that 2nd half was quite poor though

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I really meant it as nothing more than a silly post. I didn't think it would cause a reaction that way. Apologies again. Although that 2nd half was quite poor though

The thing is that all Albion fans are now on tenterhooks, and will be, until the end of the season. So any hint of sarcasm, or lack of positivity, or doom mongery will be treated as high treason.

Being hung, drawn and quartered is not a pretty way to go - to be avoided in all circumstances!

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Boro scraped a last min winner against Hull. A result like last night is massive for us as the players know they are still right in it. Good substitutions from Hughton as well, shows players he knows what to do when things aren't working. A very good night.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The thing is that all Albion fans are now on tenterhooks, and will be, until the end of the season. So any hint of sarcasm, or lack of positivity, or doom mongery will be treated as high treason.

Being hung, drawn and quartered is not a pretty way to go - to be avoided in all circumstances!

Wise words I guess

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm hoping last night's result will reinforce the belief and togetherness that has been evident all season.

It is this more than any other aspect which has put us where we are now.

78 points from 41 games! Unreal.

An incredible turn around from where we were when CH took over.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The problem is, our best players will all be too knackered. Sidwell hasn't been great, but he's improving each game. Kaz is out of form, but how's he going to get back to form if we never play him? Murphy has been great, didn't do well today (albeit out of position). We will need more than our best 11 if we're going to make it.

It's 5 games we're talking about. Could be less if we can win the next 4 as I can see others slipping up.

I'd start with the following every game...

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak
Hemed
Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The was a banana skin averted last night with a battling performance. A wins a win.

The next 3 are winnable, and with Burnley to play 'boro next week, the Derby game is starting to look like 'the' game.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The first sign of bottling it is winning? Tell you what then, Leicester are a right bunch of bottle jobs. And Barca.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here