Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First run of 2013...

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stumbled a 4 miler

Not ran since November 30th due to work commitments and Christmas etc....been to the gym a few times over Christmas, not lost much muscle, but I was doing 10 miles a time running

Anyone else suffering the Christmas blues?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not fancying first swim of the year TBH, might give it till Monday. Laziness has kicked in from the inertia caused by Christmas break.

genuine albion

Aug 7, 2012
Anyone needing a bit or running motivation, try Zombies! Run or Run! Zombies app (something like that). headphones on plus bit of imagination - you're runner 5 in some post apocalyptic/zombie landscape, there's a commentator relaying the story inter spliced with tunes from your own iTunes playlist - every now and then zombies are behind you groaning and getting louder - it's tracked on gps so if you don't start running faster they catch you. Along the way you "pick up" items and at the end of the mission (run) you fortify your base with the stuff you've collected - perfect for lazy fukcers like me who need a bit of motivation to do any exercise. It's expensive at £5 but a better investment that 10 fags or couple of pints.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I managed to get off my lazy butt today for the first time in months; only managed about 5km but from little acorns ...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just blew the cobwebs off with a sharp 3 miles, looking forward to getting fit again.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Anyone needing a bit or running motivation, try Zombies! Run or Run! Zombies app (something like that). headphones on plus bit of imagination - you're runner 5 in some post apocalyptic/zombie landscape, there's a commentator relaying the story inter spliced with tunes from your own iTunes playlist - every now and then zombies are behind you groaning and getting louder - it's tracked on gps so if you don't start running faster they catch you. Along the way you "pick up" items and at the end of the mission (run) you fortify your base with the stuff you've collected - perfect for lazy fukcers like me who need a bit of motivation to do any exercise. It's expensive at £5 but a better investment that 10 fags or couple of pints.
That sounds fun!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gonna pop out for a 3 mile along the seafront in a bit.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom

Just gotta free up some space on my phone, on iTunes for £2.49, sounds fun, although I won't get far at the moment :lol:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm planning to kick my arse into gear on Monday. Family stuff as usual has carried over with my mum's birthday being 6th January. Always f***ing hard to get back into the routine but you just have to stick at it until it becomes routine again. Will start slowly next week just eating better and then start the exercise the following week. Always works for me.

Redbourn Seagull

Jan 20, 2010
I've just completed a 30 minute walk/run, used an app called 10km runner seemed ok. I need to break myself in gently as i have not ran since leaving the forces in 2006!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
5km on the treadmill at the gym at lunch. First for about a month. I'm aiming to do a 10km run this year. Need to shift a couple of stone as well.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
I treated myself to the first 7 miler for three weeks yesterday.

Even the easy downhill start seemed a struggle.

There is much xmas excess to be reversed over the coming weeks!

Good luck to all those getting their running shoes on again soon :smile:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Went to the gym first time for three 3 weeks not the best work out I have ever managed but it felt really good to get back on the normal food diet

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Done little running since early Nov and the NYC debacle but aim to grind out 8 miles at 7am tomorrow.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
will be starting on Monday once this weekend is out the way

been doing too many pretty quick 3 miler's but need to step it up a bit

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
6 miles on New Year's Day after waking up absolutely hanging, so was quite pleased with that.

Just got to work up to 26 miles by April now :facepalm:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
4 miler today in just under half hour. Could have pushed another couple of miles out if I'm honest but boredom kicked in as is so often the case.

Would like to train for a marathon really but the thought of running for over four hours does not appeal to me in the slightest. Was regularly doing 10K a few months back but my completion times of between 48-50 minutes always felt like a lifetime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here