Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First run of 2013...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Two mile run to pick up the car early on New Years' Day, then 5km at the test event for parkrun Preston Park, and finally a nice nine miles around Shoreham-by-Sea this morning.

Rest day tomorrow, before hill work Friday, parkrun Hove Park Saturday, and a long run on Sunday.

For anyone that needs motivation, I would seriously suggest Nike+ or similar. It's helped me clock up 900 miles since April.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Two mile run to pick up the car early on New Years' Day, then 5km at the test event for parkrun Preston Park, and finally a nice nine miles around Shoreham-by-Sea this morning.

Rest day tomorrow, before hill work Friday, parkrun Hove Park Saturday, and a long run on Sunday.

For anyone that needs motivation, I would seriously suggest Nike+ or similar. It's helped me clock up 900 miles since April.

How did the Preston Park test run compare to the Hove Park course?

D

Deleted member 18477

Went to the gym pretty much normally except xmas day and Boxing Day. Just need to get the diet in check again. Aim to lose 10 lbs in 2 months without losing any muscle. Gunna be a shit 2 months but will feel amazing come march!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Training been same as usual all through the Xmas period, first run of 2013 was 8.5 hours in, a nice swift 5 miles before getting off to brentford. Yes, felt extremely smug, but did have a few the night before too.

Amazed how many folk have to stop over Christmas. If nothing else, the beer is good energy to burn off!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Training been same as usual all through the Xmas period, first run of 2013 was 8.5 hours in, a nice swift 5 miles before getting off to brentford. Yes, felt extremely smug, but did have a few the night before too.

Amazed how many folk have to stop over Christmas. If nothing else, the beer is good energy to burn off!

Nobody HAS to stop, but after a long year, treat yourself to a steak

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
One day off a week will do me. Eat plenty of shite too- good energy.

Even, amazingly, had some fun too!!!

Are you one of these genetic mutants that eat what you like and still stay fit and trim.

If you are good work, and im jealous.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just started my 16 week schedule for the London marathon. I haven't done much for a few weeks so a bit hard work at first but doesn't take long to get into the swing of it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How did the Preston Park test run compare to the Hove Park course?

The laps seemed a lot smaller at PP than HP, and there was a sharp hairpin down near the carpark end that I wasn't particularly a fan of. I guess they couldn't use all of the park because of the uneven surfaces at the top, and overall I think they guys did a pretty good job in planning the route.

Personally I still prefer the undulations of Hove Park, and it is closer for me, but I can see the Preston Park one becoming very popular in the future. As well as us parkrunners, there were loads of others out for their first few miles of the year.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
5k on the treadmill yesterday, first time in a couple of weeks due to xmas and cold/flu that is doing the rounds.

Possibly the hardest 5k I have ever run in my life!!! Going back again today to try and get to 4 miles, hoping it will be slightly easier.

Eastbourne 1/2 marathon in 8 weeks:eek:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Joined the local gym. Only 20 schnuffs a month and only across the road, should see me exercising more often.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Banged out 2 x 5K done as fartlek yesterday. Aiming for a 1:20 half marathon at the end of March, and I have a feeling that my swimming and biking is going to suffer as a result of this target.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've worked at it since September and only managed a couple of 5K's so weight has piled on. Must get back to running.

That didn't take long. Parkrun Orpington this morning.

Probably would have run better if it hadn't been for the kebab, beer, vodka, red bull, jagermeister diet yesterday evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here