Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First rock concert that you attended

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
memorable moments were as follows
69 and 70 IOW's woke up at end of hendrix set, whilst crashed out on desolation row. no recollection of journey either way, either year. think i just floated there. recall dylan well and the doors.

spiders from mars final gig

first uk rendition of dsotm floyd

and talking/slurring wiv lou reed b4 he was helped onto stage at crystal palace early 70's

Dandyman

In London village.
First gig was a school trip to see Hot Chocolate at the Dome in 1976. First proper gig was The Jam at the Top Rank in April 1977.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bon Jovi, St. Mary's Stadium, June 9th 2006

It was bloody brilliant. The support act (Nickelback) were great, and Bon Jovi themselves put on a fantastic 2 and a half hour show.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
U2 - Cardiff Arms - 1993 :bowdown:

what a great day that was, I lost half a stone in weight with the heat and all the jumping around.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wouldn't say its rock but my first gig was The Offspring at Wembley some years ago.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
The Smiths at Brixton Academy '85 or '86.

Though I did get dragged to Showaddywaddy at Crawley but I was only 11 so that don't count :ohmy:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Jello said:

Though I did get dragged to Showaddywaddy at Crawley but I was only 11 so that don't count :ohmy:

That's nothing, my ex made me take her to see shakin' stevens..... and there was a picture in the Argus the next day and I could clearly be seen standing at the front of the queue to get in....:blush: :blush:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
QUEEN.

Earls Court London.
7 Jun 1977 (The Queen's Silver Jubille day, London was chaos)

QUEEN were fantastic, my 1st and without doubt, BEST ever concert. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Deacon Blue at the AB in Brussels, round about Jan 90, as far as I can remember.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
First gig - Beastie Boys/Run DMC, Brighton Centre 87

First rock gig - The Who performing 'Tommy' at Radio City Music Hall, New York, 1989.

Seagull Stew

The Pixies. Kilburn National. 1989.

We got to the place early as we needed to pick up our tickets, when some American twin sisters asked us if we knew of any good bars nearby.

Of course, if we actually knew what the Pixies looked like at the time we'd have invited who we later realised was Kim and Kelly Deal for a drink with us instead of heading on the tube to Oxford Street.

The place was packed, hot and unbearably sticky. The Cure were watching over us from the VIP balcony area and my most memorable moment was at some point during "Vamos" realising that my feet were no longer touching the ground and somehow ending up about 20 feet away!

No gig I've ever been to has matched it since. :clap2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
m20gull said:
Tangerine Dream at the Hammersmith Odeon in about 1976, like several others here seen through a cannabis haze.

Thats one group I'd love to have seen as they are one of my favourite ever groups.

My first rock concert was Europe at the Brighton Centre years ago. First ever normal concert was Steve Hackett at The Dome.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Status Quo, Hammersmith Odeon, roundabout 1976. Rocktastic!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Honorable mention must go to my second gig - Sinead O' Connor at the Kilburn National in 1987 promoting her classic (and only decent) album 'The Lion and The Cobra'

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here