Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First rock concert that you attended

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
INXS at Birmingham NEC, about 1987/8 I believe. Can remember very little about it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think i came to London, to the Town and Country Club specifically, to my first hip-hop show when i was about 9. Human beatboxery, Detroit rap and some capital females all doing their pieces while me and my brother stood a little nervously inexpressive in the wings. Finished about 6 pm for adults to enjoy themselves more and got the train back to Brighton for a pair of backspins and some minutes spent on turtle practice.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
UB40 in 1984 at the Brighton Centre. Great gig (they turned seriously shite not long after), deafeningly loud, plus there was massive fight so the singer stopped one of the songs halfway through and the middle eastern gentlemen next to me were so stoned they had no idea when one song started and another finished - all very impressive to a 13 year old. Saw the Police on Xmas Eve the same year, not a bad second gig either.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Duran Duran at the Brighton Centre in December 1983, followed a few days later by Adam and the Ants also at the Brighton Centre, a few months later it was Ultravox also at the Centre, then I started going regularly to gigs in Brighton and London once I got a full time job!

Inbetween Duran Duran and Adam & The Ants a lot of my mates went to see Wham at the Dome, luckily I didn't go to that one!

westy

Jul 25, 2003
The Smashing Pumpkins, Wembley Arena 1996. Great band, great gig, loud as hell as well !! Shame about the Wembley Arena accoustics doing their best to ruin it!!

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
tinx said:
The Rollercoaster Tour - Brixton Academy

Jesus and Mary Chain

Supported by:-
My Bloody Valentine
Dinosaur Jr
Blur

After a 15 minutes drum solo in the my bloody valentine gig I tohught my ears would be f***ed forever.

I was at that gig, I actually passed out during that solo - I remember stumbling back trying to find to a wall to lean on & kept getting twatted by people I couldn;t see as I bumped into them. Don;t even think I was that pissed. Was a strange sensation.

1st gig The La's at Town & Country Club - superb.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
BBH said:
I was at that gig, I actually passed out during that solo - I remember stumbling back trying to find to a wall to lean on & kept getting twatted by people I couldn;t see as I bumped into them. Don;t even think I was that pissed. Was a strange sensation.

1st gig The La's at Town & Country Club - superb.

I practcally passed out in the loos between the dinosaur jr set and my bloody valentine becasue at 16 I had been drinking since 11am and was not in a good state. Composed myself nicely only to have my ears ripped out of my head by the Valentines.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not really sure. Probably Cast at the Centre around 1996 supported by Longpigs and Mundy.

It may not have been though, it may have been summat at the East Wing around that time.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Not really sure. Probably Cast at the Centre around 1996 supported by Longpigs and Mundy.

It may not have been though, it may have been summat at the East Wing around that time.

I was at that Cast gig too, cracking gig, both support acts were CLASS.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slade early 70s Top Rank

They were supported by Suzi Quattro and Thin Lizzy.

I was by one of the main speakers at the front. My hearing didn't return properly for 3 days!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
UB40 in 1984 at the Brighton Centre. Great gig (they turned seriously shite not long after), deafeningly loud, plus there was massive fight so the singer stopped one of the songs halfway through and the middle eastern gentlemen next to me were so stoned they had no idea when one song started and another finished - all very impressive to a 13 year old. Saw the Police on Xmas Eve the same year, not a bad second gig either.

I went to see Duran Duran the night before the Police gig and karen went to see the Police my Bro had two spare tickets

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First gig was in 1978. 10cc at the Brighton Centre. Bloody Tourists tour (Dreadlock Holiday era).

Swiftly followed by UFO at the Dome and then Eddie & The Hot Rods / Third World / Pretenders (supported by UB40) / Elvis Costello, all at the Top Rank (but not on the same night!).

A gigtastic year, all in all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sully said:
First gig was in 1978. 10cc at the Brighton Centre. Bloody Tourists tour (Dreadlock Holiday era).

Swiftly followed by UFO at the Dome and then Eddie & The Hot Rods / Third World / Pretenders (supported by UB40) / Elvis Costello, all at the Top Rank (but not on the same night!).

A gigtastic year, all in all.

blimey Sully, I must have been stalking you.

I was at all of them

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was either Saxon at the Centre or Ted Nugent in Aachen, 1980 (or perhaps 81). Can't remember which one I went to first.

Saxon was great, Nugent was not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god the title is after 1st 'rock' gig.
Saves me having to own up to some right dross.
So instead it would be Motorhead @ Worthing, in the mid 80's.

Better the next time as was a couple of years later & I was just big enough to mix it up down the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here