Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First rock concert that you attended

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was performing and was it good?

Pink Floyd at The Marlowe Theatre Canterbury just after Gilmour replaced Barrett.

Fantastic stuff performed in a haze of cannabis, highlights being Set the Controls for the heart of the Sun and Careful with that axe Eugene.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
hawkwind at brighton, 2 topless daners either side of the stage

as a 14yo at the time it was the first pair of real tits i'd ever seen and ive had a fixation ever since :p

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Genesis with Peter Gabriel, although that wasn't really rock.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Motorhead, Crawley Leisure Centre, Bomber Tour in the early 80s. Seeing them again in November, and the sad thing is that I think Lemmy has aged better than I have!:down:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
First ever concert was Dire Straits at Woburn Abbey in 1992, I was 15, Knoplfer rules.
First, what I would call rock concert was Guns N Roses in 1993 at Milton Keynes Bowl, the Saturday show, is fair to say I was blown away, am now waitng for the cd to be delivered as I've just ordered it :clap2:

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
The Smiths at Brighton Dome march 1985-bloody loud,my ears were ringing for hours afterwards!
Next concert I attended was that little one Live Aid staged at Wembley Stadium in July of the same year.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Cereal Killer said:
Green Day down the Brighton Centre

Help me out here, me and me bro keep arguing I'm sure they played Welcome To Paradise, but he doesn't seem to think they did, can you remember? By the way top way to start your concert going days

hill 16 southwick

Jun 27, 2004
southwick
U2, supported by the Alarm. Hammersmith Palais 6th December 1982

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Guinness Dave said:
hawkwind at brighton, 2 topless daners either side of the stage

I was there

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Supertramp , supported by Joan Armitrading at the dome was one of the earlies memories 1974 ish

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dougdeep said:
Genesis with Peter Gabriel, although that wasn't really rock.

which one was that doug?

I saw Genesis with Gabriel in hammersmith in about 1971/2 ish I think it was the Foxtrot Tour....that was well wierd

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Queen at Hammersmith Odeon just after Seven Seas of Rye was a minor hit of sorts. Must have been, dunno, 1973 or something. Have to say they were damn good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here