Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First opponents at Falmer.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
and at the Priestfield

not many palace turned up for that one (easy to get to) and not many BHA either (hard to get to) (so much for the rivalry!)

You are joking right? We played Gillingham there the week before as well, we were well supported in both games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why this obsession with playing Doncaster Rovers for the first game ? They didn't invite us to their new stadium. They played a Man Utd XI.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What about Fulham? We had our highest ever attendance against them at the Goldstone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely there is only one option. At least fill the ground once! The only choice is Palace!!!

Excellent let's let the nimby's worst football hooligan nightmares happen...on the 1st game at Falmer :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The first game at Falmer is a very important part of a much bigger picture of regenerating interest in the Albion, and attracting a far bigger audience than the 6,000 who have been going in the past few years to come along on a REGULAR basis.

For that reason I think Donny, whatever the intentions, would be bonkers. You want a big game/name. If it can't be Palace, and I understand why, one of the Prem teams, Man City would be fine, otherwise one of the London teams or Portsmouth.

Off the back of this game we want people to come back and buy into the Albion rebirth - which is exactly how Falmer needs to be marketed.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ramp up games:

Donny
Palace
Premiership Club (Man City/Villa)

First Season Game:

Newcastle

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Did we? I remember playing the last game at the Dell but can't remember playing the first game at the new ground! :/

yep sorry you are correct.

has to be a south coast team though without the potential for trouble so scummers are ideal :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here