Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First opponents at Falmer.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Much as I'd love it, a Palace game would be a disaster for all the obvious reasons. My choice would be Doncaster. Let's face it, whoever we play in the first game will be a full house, so we may as well do the right thing and play Donny.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My heart says Donny, but a big club would say more as to our ambitions.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would like it to be Donny, but it does sound like to could be Man City.

Palace would be an anti-climax, and vulgar for all the wrong reasons. Plus we don't want the place to smell of poo as soon as we'd opened the place. It will take years to get rid of the stench.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Why not have Donny for the 1st game of the test games. The ones where we are not allowed a sell out but need to test out Health and Safety etc?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Police would never allow Palace to be the first game at Falmer. Unfortunately just won't happen, which is a shame
It could however be a useful exercise for the Police to test crowd control methods without the use of batons :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The first game at Falmer will involve a Premier League club from the capital so that we can sing at their fans "You only live round the corner" :rolleyes:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
To keep up with tradition surely... Southampton .....first and last at the dell, 1st at st.mary's......nice little local match to get the crowds in

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yeh, Mark Hughes did say they would send a full strength team down when our stadiums opened.

And perhaps we'll put out a full strength team next time too :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Donny will blatantly be a ramp-up game with a 10,000 capacity then premier league holders man city as the first full capacity game.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The ramp up games, Id be happy with.

Brighton Vs Donny First game. 8,000ish
Brighton Vs Saints Second 15,000
Brighton Vs Man C Last 23,400 sell out and a few on the hill? :p

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Can't believe anyone would suggest Palace. That's clearly THE worst option. I know it's only an "if" but IF we lose to them in the first game there we'd NEVER live it down.

Yes but if and only if you beat us you could dine out on the story for years and years;)

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
We wsill be waiting a long time unfortunately :(

As an aside, the last time we played you at Selhurst, my youngest brother was bitten by a police dog:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here