Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First opponents at Falmer.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I know it won't exactly coincide,but the hundredth anniversary of Albion being Champions of England,and treble winners to boot,fast approacheth.

Would it therefore be good to get Aston Vanilla as our first opponents,a rematch of the Charity Shield win which was the Albion's zenith.

Sadly,a game I missed because I wasn't born.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I've heard a rumour that Dick Knight has already had talks with the Man City owners. Not sure how valid this rumour is.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yeh, Mark Hughes did say they would send a full stregth team down when our stadiums opened.

yeah, but I dont think thats going to happen, I also dont think they are worthy of being the first team at falmer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surely there is only one option. At least fill the ground once! The only choice is Palace!!!

Funnily enough, I agree with that. Palace for the first game would be pretty damn good actually, a real atmosphere and a great day. :whisky:

yeah, but I dont think thats going to happen, I also dont think they are worthy of being the first team at falmer.

I agree with this too, I can't see why we'd want some run of the mill northern club who mean nothing to us. I would much rather play league 1 Crystal Palace! :lol: It doesn't matter what league the opponents are in, just whether or not we will get a game worthy of the stadium. And whatever you think of Palace, games with them are always going to be cracking.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
anyone but Palace, could you really live with the shame if they beat us in the first game at Falmer? it would be like England picking Germany as first game at Wembley and losing it

I do like the Villa idea though, and they do owe us one for Barry :)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Man City said they will send a full team down for one of the warm-up games. This was when DK asked them to donate their share of the gate from the Carling Cup game.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
So, so wrong, Palace is the only answer. If we ever got a new stadium, I, like most Palace, would want you to play us. We mostly want an annual pre-season "friendly" to take place again.

Unless, of course, you had a similar history to us. Whilst I can understand your reasoning, I can't believe that any Albion fan who lived through the"dark days" and was at the Goldstone for the last game, would want anybody other than Donny.

I like your annual pre-season idea but not for the first game, I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here