Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First football league show - official thread

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Get rid of the e-mails and text bit. No football highlight program needs this. Also don't waste 5 minutes going through the league tables after 1 game!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Skipped through the bits with the e-mails and most of the pundits. Didn't see the point of having the rolling display showing the e-mail address above the pundits head when most of the time it was out of shot.

However, any programme with a Nick Halling voiceover is worth another look.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Didn't like it seemed to piss about a lot without actually showing highlights. why can't they just do a version of MOTD?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
don't like the bald bloke doing the interviews , seemed a bit camp which doesnt really sit well on a football show...personal opinion , no need to get into a whole debate again ! (same as the women commentator in that respect)

Thats the BBC trying to be inclusive , will we get the annoying unattractive female in the bottom right of the screen doing sign language next week ? :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Taken as a whole ... a much better highlights show than ITV used to put on.

Agreed, but found the emails / texts bit more than a little irritating.

Simply stopped the flow of the thing.

I think people phoning in works better (as on the radio and that Sky programme), but you've always got the problem of some idiot getting the BEEB in trouble.

As much as I hate the screen being full of junk, you'd be better to scroll texts / emails along the bottom of the screen during the chitty chat.

For that reason people who are interested can read them and if not, you can simply ignore it.

I fell asleep towards the end, but was interested that an ITV film crepted into the transmission.

BBC and ITV use completely different companies to transmit, so must have happened further down the chain.

Were the people who saw this watching on Sky ?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The chap who did the commentary/reporting for most the League One & League Two highlights sounded like the same guy who did all the reporting and interviewing on our ST DVD. I always thought he was exclusively associated with the Albion for some reason?

Does a good job though.

Much better from ITV, but I'd much prefer they scrapped the e-mails, and pointless discussion and spent more time on League One & Two highlights.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Perhaps next week we should all email-in with "Get yer tits out for the lads", that way this part of the programme may be quietly dropped!
I was annoyed with the film clip as it came on when Port Vale were being featured and I wanted to see the Brighton rejects and their hoof-ball again.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The chap who did the commentary/reporting for most the League One & League Two highlights sounded like the same guy who did all the reporting and interviewing on our ST DVD. I always thought he was exclusively associated with the Albion for some reason?

Does a good job though.

Much better from ITV, but I'd much prefer they scrapped the e-mails, and pointless discussion and spent more time on League One & Two highlights.

Yes Dave Beckett. He's been a reporter on a number of programs over the years and used to present Endsleigh League Extra IIRC. Think he is a Brighton fan as well hence his appearance on the DVD.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Wasn't it the Watchdog studio?

Didn't quite seem as warm and friendly pipe and slippers as Match Of The Day but generally a good effort and I very much DO like the fact that I can watch it at my leisure on iPlayer, unlike MOTD, so that's a big plus as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't mind the viewers' comments if any of them were even remotely interesting or controversial, the type of thing to spark debate as we often get on NSC for instance. Instead of "I'm a Newcastle fan and I thought we was well good today and we will be going up this year HOWAY THE TOON"

It doesn't add anything. I want to hear fans complaining about formations and tactics and criticising their team's efforts with countering responses from other fans. You know, actual debate.

And sadly whilst I normally welcome a pretty face on my tellybox this bird was overly enthusiastic and didn't really seem to get it.

Felt it should have been more down to earth and workmanlike, instead of trying to over glamorise the football league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here