Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Football Focus of season at the Amex

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Just been announced by Dan Walker on Twitter that the first Football Focus of the season will be broadcast live from the Amex...high profile stuff.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
wonder if this might mean extended highlights on the football league show which in turn might mean.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That'll be Dan Walker, the lifelong Crawley Town fan :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is the Amex the only new stadium opening this season? I can't think of many others ready to go. Last season there was Chesterfield and I seem to recall Morecambe....was Cardiff last season or the one before?

I'm fairly sure we're the only brand new venue this season (excluding older stadiums that are new to the league ie Crawley & the Kingsmeadow). So it's not surprising there is some interest. Shame most of us will no doubt be in the pub or walking around the Amex in wonder by the time FF is broadcast.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Is the Amex the only new stadium opening this season? I can't think of many others ready to go. Last season there was Chesterfield and I seem to recall Morecambe....was Cardiff last season or the one before?

I'm fairly sure we're the only brand new venue this season (excluding older stadiums that are new to the league ie Crawley & the Kingsmeadow). So it's not surprising there is some interest. Shame most of us will no doubt be in the pub or walking around the Amex in wonder by the time FF is broadcast.

Or waiting in line for an hour to be served a £4 burger whilst wondering why there is no clock and why they chose spurs who aren't a big enough team for the main ramp-up event.

:jester:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it live from Dick's Bar ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Shame most of us will no doubt be in the pub or walking around the Amex in wonder by the time FF is broadcast.

Or in the stadium, having a drink watching it on one of the many tv screens?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Bang goes a shedload of parking spaces to accommodate their outside broadcast trucks! I'm glad I'll be getting the train!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I did suspect this, as Dan Walker had said about a week ago that the first broadcast of the season would be from somewhere other that their new Salford studio.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Or in the stadium, having a drink watching it on one of the many tv screens?

Erm...thevstadium opens at 1 o'clock..what time is football focus normally on?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Robbie Savage seems to suggest that he will be on the Sofa with Dan Walker, I presume Lawrenson will be there too, telling everyone how he KNEW Brighton would go on to big things and how he loved his time here...

D

Deleted member 2719

Robbie Savage seems to suggest that he will be on the Sofa with Dan Walker, I presume Lawrenson will be there too, telling everyone how he KNEW Brighton would go on to big things and how he loved his time here...

I was thinking the same. Lawrenson one of the most talented players ever to pull on the stripes and probably one of the biggest w*nkers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here