Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First ever game...

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Bradford P. A. in 1964 ! cant remember anything about the game or the season. i saw the players legs from the front of the east terrace.

NMH - yes i do remember getting in several times through the corrugated fence in the 70's.

welcome back GVR have you seen my BHA shirt on a girlie in Makati ???

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Home game - Gillingham - Easter 76 1-1 P Ward scored

Away game - Portsmouth - Boxing Day 1976 - Lost 2-0 (I think).Luckily we were all sat in main stand as I remember Pompey fans running riot amongst Albion fans on terracing immediately below.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
first home game in 95 lost 2-1 to Blackpool :(
first away game a few years ago against Peterborough in the FA cup 1st round, we drew 1-1

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I can't believe this thread has never been done before!!!!!:D

Anyway for those who missed it Plymouth at home 87 2-2 draw Garry Nelson equaliser on the 88th minute in front of the North Stand.

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
oh go on then

Home: Brentford 19 April 1958 drew 1-1:
Last but one home game in the old Division 3 South before we thrashed Watford 6-0 and won the Championship

Away: Millwall 12 Sept 1964 lost 0-2:
Bu**er Pala**e - had an abiding and totally rational hatred of all things Thugwall ever since

sad really

but what makes it even sadder is that when we played Brentford then we were third in the third tier of League football. Today we are..........

mmm, 45 years of progress?

Reino in reflective mood

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
chelsea at the goldstone 82 or 83 we lost 3-1 and the chelsea fans went crazy tearing up the goalposts and generally rioting, scared sh*tless as only 5 at the time.:eek: :eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Reinelt 62 said:

but what makes it even sadder is that when we played Brentford then we were third in the third tier of League football. Today we are..........

mmm, 45 years of progress?

Yeah, but what a ride it's been since then. We've been promoted eight times since then (and relegated eight, natch); lost our ground, found another, applied for another; kicked out a couple of scumbags from the club, and along the way have seen some great players.

Who would have it any other way?

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
My first away game was Reading away at the end of the 93-94 season.

Loads of Albion fans there and Reading won the championship that day by beating us 2-0.

Albion Rob

I think my first home game was Cambridge 1994, remember a Nogan screamer and looking at the North stand and thinking it was the place for me. Never watched the Albion ever again from anywhere but the North stand until the final game against Doncaster when I could only get East terrace tix.

First away - Wrexham 1995. Always makes me laugh when I look back. We were shocking. Greg Berry (on loan from Millwall) scored and we took 50 or 60 fans. How times have changed!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1st home game i remember

v Gibralter 1966-67 pre-season friendly - won 6-0 and Alex Dawson got 4

(i think, long time ago and creeping senility don't help)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Birmingham City in 1968 in the then league cup. We won 2-0 and Alan Gilliver scored and I think Nobby Lawton.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
October 26th 1979. 2 days after my 8th birthday.
We lost 4-2 at home to Norwich City.

Justin Fashanu caught Andy Rollins across the eye with a ring he was wearing, and when Andy realised he was bleeding he lumped Justin one. Both got sent-off.

Big crowd, fantastic atmosphere, I had never known anything like it before, and I was hooked.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Southampton in the cup at the Goldstone 86, lost 2-1. saw Arsenal v Liverpool and remember Peter Marinello playing. This was before I moved to Brighton from London 20 years ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here