Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Ever Albion Goal.

hutchings (48)

Dec 2, 2004
The Wild West
Chris Hutchings in the 48th minute (hence the user name), FAC Third Round 1985 v Hull City, South Stand End.

It was my first game. I was in the North Stand "with the rabble" as my sisters boyfrinds dad described it. As a scrawney 14 year old at the time I did'nt actually see much off it. I think it was a bit of a goal mouth scramble. What I do remember is the explosion of joy all around me, and not quite knowing how to react myself, seeing as it was my first game and all. From that moment on though, as they say, I was hooked.

Dont remember too much else about the game. I think there was a light covering of snow and they used a red ball - dont see that too often now do you ? I remember that I couldn't believe I was finally watching some of the cup final heroes - Case, Moseley, Smilie, Pearce (I dont think Ryan was playing that day). Of course Brian Horton was managing Hull that day. Will always remember entering the stand from the back and getting my first view of the pitch and the stands I had only before seen on TV, all shining under the floodlights. It never looked better. I think the crowd was only about 11,000 but it seemed packed and there was such an expectant buzz.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't even remember my first game let alone my first goal. The only game I remember much of from the Goldstone is the Fans Utd one :(

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not really an answer but my first Brighton game was

Huddersfield town on 25/2/95 Sat. FL D2 (h) D 0-0 0-0 - Attendance - 7,751

Before that I didn't even like football :safeway2: and only went along because my uncle from america was visiting and have been addicted to the Albion ever since and have managed to get at least 6-7 of my mates to support the Albion since! :clap2: :albion:

Can't remeber my first goal though :(

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
First game was against Plymouth in 1988/89, I think we won and I know Kevin Bremner scored, so that's the best guess I can have at it, don't really remember to be honest.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be honest I haven't got a clue who the bloke is that scored the first Albion goal I saw.

Feb 9th 1974 (9th b'day), 1-1 draw at Goldstone with Grimsby Town, our goal scored by B.Bridges. Can't for the life of remember who he was - or much about the game to be honest, other than being somewhat overawed by 10,500 people all at the same place at the same time.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
First Brighton goal I saw was Peter Ward for England under 21s at Goldstone in 1976... first game after that I remember was Hull City at home which I think we won 2-0 or 2-1... can't for the life of me remember who scored but Tony Towner figured somewhere.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Is there a website where you can get this kind of stuff, does Tim Carder have a site or anything? I'm bored at work and I NEED to find out who scored in my first match.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
God! I have no memory... it was September 1977 and it was Graham Fell... not Tony Towner.... at least I said it was 2-1!!!

My first Albion goal was by the legendary man mountain Alex Dawson, against Gillingham in 1969. As a wee nipper by his standards he looked huuuuge! The Gillingham goalkeepers name that day was....Bellotti ! (no relation). As a youing innocent, I had no idea one day those names would be relevent in that ground being taken away from me 28 years later......

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
erm ...Darren Freeman vs Mansfield ,99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here