Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finding it hard justify going any more

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Took my six year old son to his first ever match today and I am embarrassed for him. I ran out of reasons why we should be sitting freazing in the rain watching a poor excuse for what I came to love so much about the Albion.

My son is bored, wet and cold and so am I. Today was a day I always dreamt of when I became a father. Another gutless performance has left me with no incentive to go back and has sucked away all interest my son had in football. Thanks lads.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Feel sorry for you, first football match for Dad and son is a special moment and you just had to sit through that tripe.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Took my 8 year old daughter as my son was ill. She coped better with the boredom than I did I think!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Th e thing is,by now after the last 2 1/2 years at Withdean,the chances of getting a cracking WINNING performance are pretty much Zero.I dont know why people seem surprised.
I honestly think it is a case of getting rid of virtually the whole squad and starting again.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
My son is now back home playing his DS. He hated the match despite being all up for it for the first 20 mins. I felt so proud at him shouting Seagulls and waving at the players. By half time he was begging to leave. I could cry at how I have just ruined his enthusiasm for the Albion.

As he sits there playing Mario you realise kids have so many more ways to have fun than sitting in the rain watching players more interested in cash than fan adulation and club pride.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My son is now back home playing his DS. He hated the match despite being all up for it for the first 20 mins. I felt so proud at him shouting Seagulls and waving at the players. By half time he was begging to leave. I could cry at how I have just ruined his enthusiasm for the Albion.

As he sits there playing Mario you realise kids have so many more ways to have fun than sitting in the rain watching players more interested in cash than fan adulation and club pride.

Reading your posts here almost make me want to cry.I took my 8 year old to Rushden in the cup which as it turned out was not to bad and i dont think there was much damage done,but had it been a 0-0 like today it might have been a bit different.It is so hard trying to blood youngsters at Withdean especially the way we are playing.
The only saving grace is the fact our youngsters will not be 'too old' by the time Falmer comes along.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

This post needs to be printed off and sent to every First team squad member.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Having sat there in the rain today I actually said to my son as we left that I preferred going to Gillingham. True!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Says everything that the main highlight of the afternoon was Scott McGleish getting injured and going off, followed by his subsequent departure on crutches.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
not worth a tenner the albion, never mind 25 quid..phew what waste o money.. hey and whats betting we struggle against torquay ??? best thing albion can do is get rid of all the players and poet boy, and start afresh !!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
not worth a tenner the albion, never mind 25 quid..phew what waste o money.. hey and whats betting we struggle against torquay ??? best thing albion can do is get rid of all the players and poet boy, and start afresh !!!

Judging by today's performance, that's not a bad idea.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Still better than watching the crap that's on the box today.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Well I go because Brighton & Hove Albion are my team, my tribe if you take a sociological approach, part of my LIFE. Sitting through the shit times makes the better times even more worthwhile too. And what else would I do on a Saturday afternoon? Shop?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Still better than watching the crap that's on the box today.

are you sure? Dr Who was dissapointing too but at least you don't get rained while watching it and charged £25 for the pleasure. I would rather have watched our match at home with a mince pie via Soccer Saturday.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
i took my son to his first match at the galpharm to see albion play huddesrfield - needless to say he supports the stripes now - pity it's the lot from yorkshire but after we were trounced 7-1 by a team who played some great stuff can you blame him - oh well up the terriers it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here