Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finding it hard justify going any more

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
THANK YOU! Great post!

Yup, it was shite today BUT it was our shite, I support the Albion through thick and thin.

If you and your whinging child/wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever don't like it,
then go to Chelski or whoever, no one said supporting your local team is easy BUT it's local.

When you see some of the posts here, I almost want us to play crap. When Falmer is open, at
least the people there will be supporters and not glory hunters!

Brighton & Hove Albion, like a dog, is for life, not just for boxing day.

Lots of holes in that, however this is a classic "Falmer is open, at
least the people there will be supporters and not glory hunters!"

How do you relate to all those people who have decided that withdean is a no go area, but when the new shiny stadium at Falmer comes on stream they will go again.- Glory hunters?.....unlike us f***ing stupid sods who go week in week out and have been doing so since teh Goldstone was torn asunder?

You say that people should go and watch Chelsea, but why should they....there has already been plenty of people who have abandoned Brighton to go to watch Chelsea/arsenal/ Tottenham etc, there are loads of them...go to Portslade station on a saturday and see the shirts ....we cant have any more go or falmer will be a huge white elephant with 600 hardy souls in it!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally DTG I think you are over egging it as nothing is proven till we have a home for football.

What is becoming clearer is that despite being slagged off Uncle Dick was right and the longer we remained at Withdean the more damaging it was which is now very clear.

Try to look at the bigger picture of Falmer, once built we have a second chance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally DTG I think you are over egging it as nothing is proven till we have a home for football.

What is becoming clearer is that despite being slagged off Uncle Dick was right and the longer we remained at Withdean the more damaging it was which is now very clear.

Try to look at the bigger picture of Falmer, once built we have a second chance.

you are probably right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
you are probably right.

I hope I am.

I used to think Unlce Dick was a stupid idiot for saying what he said about Withdean when we winning all the time but actually he really did hit the nail on the head.

Withdean is now really coming home to haunt us very badly. The best we can hope for is to remain in League 1 at present as nothing will change till August 2011.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
THANK YOU! Great post!

Yup, it was shite today BUT it was our shite, I support the Albion through thick and thin.

If you and your whinging child/wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever don't like it,
then go to Chelski or whoever, no one said supporting your local team is easy BUT it's local.

When you see some of the posts here, I almost want us to play crap. When Falmer is open, at
least the people there will be supporters and not glory hunters!

Brighton & Hove Albion, like a dog, is for life, not just for boxing day.

Christ, what a load of shit you talk. Oscar is a Brighton fan and all he is saying is that he was looking forward to taking his son to his first game and it didn't work out.

We need people like Oscar and all the others to keep bringing their kids - if they dont then we'll never fill Falmer - it'll be a quarter full with arseholes like you looking down their noses at 'glory hunters'. F Sake - we'll need about 14,000 "glory hunters" as you call them to fill Falmer so I say bring them on!

I didn't take my kids today because I knew the weather was going to be shite and let's face it, the football is pretty poor as well - and wow - newsflash time - young kids wouldn't understand your bullshit "I'm the best fan in the world" f***ing speech. :tantrum:

Anyway. rant over.

Oscar - don't give up. Wait until later in the season or next season and bring your son. And definitely bring him to Falmer. I didn't fall in love with the Albion until I was 14 - 29 years ago! Keep the faith.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
go to Portslade station on a saturday and see the shirts ....we cant have any more go or falmer will be a huge white elephant with 600 hardy souls in it!

You pompous prat! That is exactly the point I was trying to make!

My first game was in 1961, it was a very boring 0-0 draw But, my grandfather, even at that tender age,
explained to me that it was not all about winning but supporting YOUR team. Wise advice!

I assume as you've made some 250,000 odd posts that you probably went to Gillingham?
Is it worse now? I don't think so!

Archer has gone, we have a nice new shiny stadium on the way, NOW, is the time to really support the team and club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here