Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Finances force me to cancel my season ticket, but its not that easy.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
the down side of that is the club send letters if you miss more than a certain number of games to let you know your season ticket may not be renewed even if you list them on the exchange.

I went to 1 game last season and listed the remaining matches on the exchange and had nothing from the club. They sent me a renewal pack like everyone else but I knew from very early on last season that I had no intention of renewing.

I paid by DD but had no extenuating circumstances, I just didn't feel comfortable being in that big a crowd after Covid so kept paying and looked at it as a bit of a bonus whenever my ticket sold.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went to 1 game last season and listed the remaining matches on the exchange and had nothing from the club. They sent me a renewal pack like everyone else but I knew from very early on last season that I had no intention of renewing.

I paid by DD but had no extenuating circumstances, I just didn't feel comfortable being in that big a crowd after Covid so kept paying and looked at it as a bit of a bonus whenever my ticket sold.

As did I. The club sent a questionnaire round asking why fans weren’t going, and covid was one of the options to tick. I was allowed to renew for this season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

yet the previous full season we attended 6 listed the rest and got the letter. maybe last season being the first after covid they were more lenient

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
yet the previous full season we attended 6 listed the rest and got the letter. maybe last season being the first after covid they were more lenient

I just find this whole 'leniency' thing a bit odd, like the club is somehow doing you a favour. Maybe there's a ST waiting list, maybe there's not. What actual business is it of the club's if you go or don't go, just so long as you've paid your dues? Take the example, say, of buying an annual membership at Brighton Races (which I have done in the past). AM entitles you to attend all of the meetings up the Racehill, apart from maybe the August Festival. Does the racecourse give a flying **** if you fail to attend a single meeting? Of course they don't :shrug:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I just find this whole 'leniency' thing a bit odd. Maybe there's a ST waiting list, maybe there's not. What actual business is it of the club's if you go or don't go, just so long as you've paid your dues? Taje the example, say, of buying an annual membership at Brighton Races (which I have done in the past). AM entitles you to attend all of the meetings up the Racehill, apart from maybe the August Festival. Does the racecourse give a flying **** if you fail to attend a single meeting? Of course they don't

i fully agree. ive ended up with a season ticket on my own now as my disabled friend could no longer manage games at all. i dont think its the role of the club to make that decision or show leniency though. if the seat is paid for then theyve had their cash

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If the seat is empty, they are missing out on potential spend at the ground (I know there are people who don't spend at the amex, but being there massively improves the chances of someone spending money at the amex than not being there). There may also be issues around advertising monies - why spend for advertising to an audience of 30,000 people when only 20,000 show up?

Madafwo

Nov 11, 2013
I just find this whole 'leniency' thing a bit odd, like the club is somehow doing you a favour. Maybe there's a ST waiting list, maybe there's not. What actual business is it of the club's if you go or don't go, just so long as you've paid your dues? Take the example, say, of buying an annual membership at Brighton Races (which I have done in the past). AM entitles you to attend all of the meetings up the Racehill, apart from maybe the August Festival. Does the racecourse give a flying **** if you fail to attend a single meeting? Of course they don't :shrug:

I think the reasons behind wanting actual bums on seats is at least two-fold.

The first I suspect is the biggest reason and that is the additional spending that most people do when at the ground and the second is that empty seats don't look great on TV, which might affect how much TV companies pay for broadcast rights.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The first I suspect is the biggest reason and that is the additional spending that most people do when at the ground and the second is that empty seats don't look great on TV, which might affect how much TV companies pay for broadcast rights.

Far more likely that they want to monetise a STH's absence, by nudging in the direction of paying for the right to be able to pass on your ST to a mate if you can't make a game

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

I thought rights was a flat rate payment regardless of how many in there? We get the £100m as standard and £x amount for each game shown regardless of attendance?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
the down side of that is the club send letters if you miss more than a certain number of games to let you know your season ticket may not be renewed even if you list them on the exchange.

i missed 17 home games last season and no one wrote to me - they had my money and weren't filling the ground so I would assume they thought better of it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

The argument falls down if there’s a waiting list surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why? Is the money of someone on the waiting list somehow more valuable than that of an existing STH who's paid their dues?

Ha - choosing to debate this on today of all days !!

(No disrespect to OP . Hope club hear you out and resolve it)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought rights was a flat rate payment regardless of how many in there? We get the £100m as standard and £x amount for each game shown regardless of attendance?

Correct. It’s irrelevant how many are in the ground.

Madafwo

Nov 11, 2013

It was more that it's a more attractive product to be playing in front of a full stadium rather than showing a load of empty seats on TV. Not that because we only had 95% of seats filled so only get 95% of the money sort of thing.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
The argument falls down if there’s a waiting list surely?

How much evidence does anyone need that THERE IS NO WAITING LIST. Anyone can buy a season ticket if they want one. Tonight on my news feed every other ad is from Brighton inviting me to get a season ticket today.

Ticket site today says

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220807-191613_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220807-191613_Chrome.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
i fully agree. ive ended up with a season ticket on my own now as my disabled friend could no longer manage games at all. i dont think its the role of the club to make that decision or show leniency though. if the seat is paid for then theyve had their cash
It's all the lost revenue from pie sales that upsets them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How much evidence does anyone need that THERE IS NO WAITING LIST. Anyone can buy a season ticket if they want one. Tonight on my news feed every other ad is from Brighton inviting me to get a season ticket today.

True and is there any evidence - last season anyway - that the club is even enforcing this rule. They are not. So it’s all entirely moot and not helpful to the OP.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
True and is there any evidence - last season anyway - that the club is even enforcing this rule. They are not. So it’s all entirely moot and not helpful to the OP.

Hopefully the OP will find a sympathetic ear when he contacts the club, certainly he needs that more than he needs the many fools on this thread.
I fear we are in for a big crash and the sanctimonious t☆☆☆s with their I'm all right Jack attitude may be in for a bigger shock than finding a few hundred quid for football.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Why? Is the money of someone on the waiting list somehow more valuable than that of an existing STH who's paid their dues?

It’s not about the money though is it. Why is it fair to hold onto a season ticket and not use it if there’s a waiting list of people willing to pay the same money but actually go and support the te in person?

That’s why the 25% rule exists

This is OT to the OP by the way, my response is the general stance when there is a waiting list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here