Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Finances force me to cancel my season ticket, but its not that easy.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The ticket office said "We can only look to cancel these under "exceptional circumstances" which are reviewed on a case by case basis by our management."
Has anyone else had to do this ? What would be the outcome if I just cancelled my dd ? I don't want to lose loyalty points etc
I understand they have to plan financially but it seems a bit draconian to ask for further documentation to support your case. Dont they watch the news ?

Bit miffed to be having to get rid and bit miffed it's maybe not possible.

You agreed a contract with the club. Now you want to cancel that contract. The club has asked to see documentation so they can consider your request. You call it draconian. I call it reasonable. Think about it. Your expectation would give everyone the right to cancel their ST on the strength of an email or phone call quoting the BBC news.

Why not comply with the club’s request rather than complaining on here?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s always a shame giving it up, I didn’t really have a choice either. Increasingly I’ve found I’m far from alone though, it was definitely more the journey than the PL destination, it’s a shame we can no longer share a few between us as once did. Club sort of killed a group of 50 somethings social circle.

You still could couldn’t you? Primary pays £20 + group join Albion plus £? + season ticket(s) / number in group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having said I'd never get rid of my ST, I've now come to the conclusion that I have no choice. Work is drying up and financially I kind of have no choice.
£45 a month plus petrol up from Somerset basically its around £100 a game, and thats when I can make it.
Anyway, I've obviously missed the non renewal date (I pay by monthly direct debit)
The ticket office said "We can only look to cancel these under "exceptional circumstances" which are reviewed on a case by case basis by our management."
Has anyone else had to do this ? What would be the outcome if I just cancelled my dd ? I don't want to lose loyalty points etc
I understand they have to plan financially but it seems a bit draconian to ask for further documentation to support your case. Dont they watch the news ?

Whilst the club say they’ll look at the circumstances on a case-by-case I struggle to see how simply not being able to afford it is an exceptional circumstance. Might be an idea to look at other options. You should be able to flog the top-six games on the exchange at the very least.

That said, the club will need to be imaginative next April as many more will be in the same boat.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope something can be reviewed for those with genuine hardship … not those that don’t fancy it anymore !

We go Tuesday and the cases are out in the spare room with piles of ironing to be done! Although just bought snorkels, beach shoes etc…which may be a tad heavy!

Started getting stuff together for November Canary Islands cruise and digging out Caribbean shirts etc for January cruise!

:D:D::D

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Having said I'd never get rid of my ST, I've now come to the conclusion that I have no choice. Work is drying up and financially I kind of have no choice.
£45 a month plus petrol up from Somerset basically its around £100 a game, and thats when I can make it.
Anyway, I've obviously missed the non renewal date (I pay by monthly direct debit)

What you need to remember from the club's point of view is that offering the direct debit payment option is a 'nice' thing. They could just ask for the money upfront in May. In which case you would have already paid the full amount and now be hoping to get a refund.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You still could couldn’t you? Primary pays £20 + group join Albion plus £? + season ticket(s) / number in group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, yes, we can resume now but it killed last season stone dead. And believe it or not but some just got out the habit and feel very bitter about after decades of thin and thin. As we know, and most agree, was a club CS own goal. Whether come back now remains to be seen, as ST lost then and impossible to get seats back in same place etc. Club have got a lot right but last seasons ticket fiasco was a complete **** up, peed a lot of loyal fans off as has been endlessly debated on here (so no need to revisit)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I presume you’ve done an income/expenditure statement for your own benefit to help you come to the conclusion that it’s no longer affordable and perhaps other outgoings …perhaps that would be a good starting point to move forward …and also put your request in writing alongside your financial ‘statement’.
All the best in your search for work.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Would it help if for some games you (only) had to drive as far as Godalming in Surrey?
PM me if you want to explore this but it's realistically only a 45 mile saving. I drive to Lewes and get the train in 1 stop from there.

Thank you, very kind. I shall keep that in mind.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
What you need to remember from the club's point of view is that offering the direct debit payment option is a 'nice' thing. They could just ask for the money upfront in May. In which case you would have already paid the full amount and now be hoping to get a refund.

Yes I agree 100% and if Id paid up front I wouldn't even consider a refund, however, as my payments are in the future Im concerned about being able to make those payments.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would it help if for some games you (only) had to drive as far as Godalming in Surrey?
PM me if you want to explore this but it's realistically only a 45 mile saving. I drive to Lewes and get the train in 1 stop from there.

Got to love NSCers, what a kind offer :thumbsup:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Agree. In your circumstances perhaps list the matches you can't go to on the exchange which may bring some cash back, the matches you don't go to will automatically save you petrol money and then, if your situation improves in the next 12 months you still have your seats and loyalty points and if not you can just cancel then. But good luck either way.

the down side of that is the club send letters if you miss more than a certain number of games to let you know your season ticket may not be renewed even if you list them on the exchange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here