Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final 3 Games at Withdean

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Got mine for Southampton and Huddersfield back in July/Aug. I believe every one had the choice at that stage whether to buy tickets for the last three games, but I think you had to buy tickets for the first two home games of the season. Also you did not have to buy for all three games.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The 3 game purchase is obviously to prevent Saints/Huddersfield fans from buying them and sitting in the home end during said games, otherwise they could buy one against Dagenham at home in order to register a purchase history.

Well that's my chance at going to another game this season f***ed, wanted to go to withdean one last time since my last visit at end of 07/08 season, cheers for that albion supremos :rant:

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
As a white member I'm a bit gutted but I should have seen this coming... final games at the withdean against automatic promotion rivals is asking for a sellout to priority supporters.

Hopefully can squeeze in another away game this season to partially make up for it.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I find it very strange Young Seagull members get the same priority as blue members given that it is a free club to join. They also seem to give YS members priority for away games.

I'm not complaining as I need 3 tickets for Huddersfield and my son, daughter and brother are all members. I guess they're just trying to attract younger generation

I don't think it's explained very clearly but if I understand it correctly it seems fair to me.

Blue members and Young Seagulls get first dibs - ST's already have their tickets.

I'm guessing that most non ST holders like me are white rather than blue members - blues have paid more for their membership.

Then ST's can buy 2 extra before the rest go on sale.

I'm not sure if there will be any left by then and quite why ST's should be able to buy extras I don't know.

Again as I understand it the buy all three tickets rule only applies to the general sale.

Time to find a friendly ST holder again!

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Well that's ruled me out of visiting the withdean again!

At least my tickets for the last game at notts county are guarenteed!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
There isn't going to be a way of doing this that everyone will like but it seems like a good way of making sure away fans don't get tickets in the home end for what will be big games for both Saints and Huddersfield.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
What an utter crock of shit. You have to buy a ticket for eac of the last 3 home games - so basically as I want 3 tickets for the Hudds game I'm looking at£225 for the lot - some f***ing reward for going to almost every home game this yr - I can't do Sheff Weds and my Dad can't do Saints - ys I know we can sell them on for face value on here but still that's a big payment to wager out is't it. Rant over.

but you've been buying lots of tickets from nsc this season (you've had some off my mates for starters), surely you can't expect reward for that?

and also, the club will want to sell to fans who have memberships and who are likely to want to go to all 3, rather than than those just picking the last game purely because it's the last game. That will save on admin if they can sell the tickets all in one go. You can't expect them to do it different really now we're selling out every game. They just want to get rid of the tickets asap in a fair manner, which they are doing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well that's ruled me out of visiting the withdean again!

At least my tickets for the last game at notts county are guarenteed!

Notts County will be another ticket binfest , even if we get 6000+ tickets.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
but you've been buying lots of tickets from nsc this season (you've had some off my mates for starters), surely you can't expect reward for that?

and also, the club will want to sell to fans who have memberships and who are likely to want to go to all 3, rather than than those just picking the last game purely because it's the last game. That will save on admin if they can sell the tickets all in one go. You can't expect them to do it different really now we're selling out every game. They just want to get rid of the tickets asap in a fair manner, which they are doing.

Easy pal. Nothing wrong with buying off NSC - still going to the game and still have a good record of purchasing with the club. No need to make an issue out of it - i'll hopefully sort it.

If it does bother you that much where i buy tickets i can assure you in terms of games attended this season and also tickets bought online i'd comfortably be in the top 6k - if it really comes to that :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think it's explained very clearly but if I understand it correctly it seems fair to me.

Blue members and Young Seagulls get first dibs - ST's already have their tickets.

I'm guessing that most non ST holders like me are white rather than blue members - blues have paid more for their membership.

Then ST's can buy 2 extra before the rest go on sale.

I'm not sure if there will be any left by then and quite why ST's should be able to buy extras I don't know.

Again as I understand it the buy all three tickets rule only applies to the general sale.

Time to find a friendly ST holder again!

I did wonder why it says gold members as all gold members are ST holders surely?

It can't mean that season ticket holders can buy an extra one - surely not.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Got mine for Southampton and Huddersfield back in July/Aug. I believe every one had the choice at that stage whether to buy tickets for the last three games, but I think you had to buy tickets for the first two home games of the season. Also you did not have to buy for all three games.

That's what I did. (Well, just the Huddersfield game).
Now it turns out I'll be working and can't go anyway! :lol:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Easy pal. Nothing wrong with buying off NSC - still going to the game and still have a good record of purchasing with the club. No need to make an issue out of it - i'll hopefully sort it.

If it does bother you that much where i buy tickets i can assure you in terms of games attended this season and also tickets bought online i'd comfortably be in the top 6k - if it really comes to that :lol:

i've no problem buying from NSC, i've done it myself. but the club aren't going to 'reward' fans who don't give them any money :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i've no problem buying from NSC, i've done it myself. but the club aren't going to 'reward' fans who don't give them any money :lol:

I have given them plenty of money thanks. And by paying the person for their ticket if you buy from NSC you are indirectly paying the club - by subbing the original payer. Anyway, point being it's a shit thing to do to ask people to buy all 3 and means a big upfront payment. As for rewarding regular attendees - yes they should do some loyalty scheme from their databases. Easy.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I did wonder why it says gold members as all gold members are ST holders surely?

It can't mean that season ticket holders can buy an extra one - surely not.

Not only an extra 1 but an extra 2!!

Any remaining tickets will be available to Gold members from 10am Monday 21st March. Tickets can only be purchased via the ticketline on 0845 496 1901 or in person at the Albion ticket office. At the same time, two extra tickets for Blue, Young Seagulls and Gold members can be purchased by the member - these tickets can be bought for any supporter, regardless of purchase history or membership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here