Films

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is well worth a watch.

DogSoldiersBox.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
WTF is American meathead movie crud and have you seen Taken, or Law Abiding Citizen, or Watchmen or are you talking from a point of ignorance ?

UNCLE! Back in your box you cheeky bastard! Everyone knows that 79.3% of all films ever made are shite and that canvassing for opinions from the dubious Barry Norman's on here is asking for trouble. Now if you'd bothered to read the French film thread .....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I watched Exam (2009) - IMDb last night. I quite liked it. A group of candidates for a highly desirable job are given an exam, which involves being shut in a room, they are told there's one question, then look at their exam paper and see it appears to be blank. They then work together, then fall apart as they try to work out what the question is, and answer it, before time runs out.

I think your enjoyment of it depends on how you feel about what the question is and why it was asked. Personally, I rather enjoyed it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rules of NSC Club:

1. Do not talk about NSC Club
2. Do not take racing tips from HB&B
3. Do not take film advice from Uncle Spielberg or you'll end up watching American meathead 'movie' crud.
4. Get out before your post count exceeds 4k

1 out of 4 is not bad then :thumbsup:

Das Boot would be my recommendation if you haven't already seen it

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Lord of the rings!

All 3 of em, in one huge vodka and Kebbab fest, wonderfull. trouble is i never make the end, anyone know how it finished?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bourne is vastly overrated imo.

US, I like film banter with you and have agreed on some things but Law Abiding Shitizen above any of The Bourne films? C'mon man, have a word. It's not even enjoyable as a no brainer action film. Utterly shite. Taken is okay but the glaring plot holes put me off and the general unpleasantness of the film, which then chickens out at the end was a turn off for me. It was okay.

My rec? The Return.
Brotherhood Of The Wolf
Four Lions was also very good.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I downloaded Red (I know, naughty me) and it is well worth a look. It comes out next week and I will be going to watch it. I have been to see so many shite films at stupid prices that I tend to download first and then if they are any good, go and watch afterwards. Only exception so far has been Avatar which I wanted to see in 3D and not 2D, so I went straight to see it.

Harry Brown is brilliant - then watch Gran Torino with Eastwood and compare the two. Eastwood is like your grandad with a slight headache, Caine pulls it off.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought Harry Brown was a total letdown. Caine is pretty awful in it, the plot is by turns, mawkishly sentimental and crudely morbid. The characters strictly conforming to bad stereotypes. The "action" clumsy and unrealistic. A terribly misjudged film playing up to fears instilled in us by The Police, The government and the media. Imagine a post watershed episode of Eastenders with a retired Phil Mitchell and you're kind of there. Watch Nil By Mouth for similar subject matter handled with aplomb.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US, I like film banter with you and have agreed on some things but Law Abiding Shitizen above any of The Bourne films? C'mon man, have a word. It's not even enjoyable as a no brainer action film. Utterly shite. Taken is okay but the glaring plot holes put me off and the general unpleasantness of the film, which then chickens out at the end was a turn off for me. It was okay.

My rec? The Return.
Brotherhood Of The Wolf
Four Lions was also very good.

Each to their own mate. I loved LAC. What do you think of Taken ?.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd go for get carter over Harry Brown.
Make sure you get the original though & not the shocking Stallone remake

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
law abiding citizen and taken are shit . Try moon

yeh moon is quality so unheard of though. also memento, its not action and requires a lot of thinking but one of the best if not all time best films ive seen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here