Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mannequin

mannequin.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Breakfast Club.

Great when I was a kid. Now, self indulgent wank looking to excuse piss poor behaviour. And there's no shagging in it. :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Porkys. Seemed risky and outrageous at the time. Now, utter American shite
Yes, this too is absolutely shite when seen through adult eyes having originally watched it as a 16 year old. There must be a ton of truly shit flicks from the 80s that people of a certain age thought were good at the time, but are actually the complete opposite.

Interestingly, the Back to the Future trilogy has very much gone the other way, I would say. It was quite good at the time, but they are definitely held in higher esteem as time goes on.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It seems a lot of 80s movies come under the most dated category
I agree with most of the above posts films like
Porkies , lemon Popsicle , the Wanderers , breakfast club, pretty in pink all cool movies in the 80s when you were a teenager of that time but now watched in your 40s don't really tick any boxes nowadays

Having said all that though , I've just thought I still think Ferris Buellers day Off, is the dogs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Porkies , lemon Popsicle , the Wanderers , breakfast club, pretty in pink all cool movies in the 80s when you were a teenager of that time but now watched in your 40s don't really tick any boxes nowadays

Having said all that though , I've just thought I still think Ferris Buellers day Off, is the dogs
Ferris Buellers came into my mind as I was writing my last post as an exception to the rule, so yeah I agree with you.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

The Wanderers is still brilliant.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Ferris Buellers came into my mind as I was writing my last post as an exception to the rule, so yeah I agree with you.

If we were to dig deep I'm sure they'd be a few others that did stand the test of time
I think The Goonies will always remain a timeless classic for a lot of people as a kids movie
On an adult theme I saw DIE HARD recently and I still loved it

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Add Kentucky Fried Movie to that list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here