Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films you once thought were great but now find meh

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
30 odd years ago as a teenager I thought Steve Martin in The Jerk was the funniest film on the planet , I've just watched it again 30 years later and thought it's so dated now and not that funny
Are there any films you once thought were great but now seem crap and Have not stood the test of time .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Conversely, I have had the opposite experience on a couple of occasions recently, like watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, expecting to think it was feeble, and ending up realising just how good it really was. And similarly watching the original Italian Job after watching the putrid remake.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Braveheart. I always thought it was a work of Hollywood fiction, but enjoyable. Watched it the other day and it was just terrible.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Human Traffic. It's still ok, but it has dated beyond belief. Plus everyone it it looks just a little too old to be playing pilled up club monkeys.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
BFG

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Digimon 3

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Jungle burger, Was so funny when i saw it 30 years ago, took ages finding a copy of it and when i did though it was a load of shit.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I saw Flash Gordon over Xmas hadn't seen that in years found that very dated I'm surprised Hollywood haven't got round to do a remake of it

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Good Morning Vietnam. Watched it with my son last year and told him it was very funny. Not on your nelly. Laborious is the best description I could give it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
30 odd years ago as a teenager I thought Steve Martin in The Jerk was the funniest film on the planet , I've just watched it again 30 years later and thought it's so dated now and not that funny
Are there any films you once thought were great but now seem crap and Have not stood the test of time .

Funnily enough, when I The Jerk was on the schedule, it occurred to me that I found it hilarious when I first saw it a long, long time ago, but for the life of me had no wish to watch it again as I couldn't see how I had thought it was funny before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here