Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that make you CRY

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Independence Day.

When Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum go up to plant that virus in the mothership to save the World, armed only with an Apple laptop - the mission seems so utterly hopeless, and they know there's virtually no chance of them ever returning alive. When his dad looks his son David (Jeff) in the eye just before takeoff and says simply: "I'm very proud of you". Gets me every time.

But damned if they don't go and pull it off !
Magical.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Easy 10 said:
Independence Day.

When Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum go up to plant that virus in the mothership to save the World, armed only with an Apple laptop - the mission seems so utterly hopeless, and they know there's virtually no chance of them ever returning alive. When his dad looks his son David (Jeff) in the eye just before takeoff and says simply: "I'm very proud of you". Gets me every time.

But damned if they don't go and pull it off !
Magical.

Then they look up and see the radioactive pieces of the mothership, just destroyed with a nuclear bomb, hurtling through the atmosphere.

"See, didn't I promise you fireworks?"

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Artois said:
Then they look up and see the radioactive pieces of the mothership, just destroyed with a nuclear bomb, hurtling through the atmosphere.

"See, didn't I promise you fireworks?"

:lolol:
Oh, and then there's the bit where the First Lady dies in her hospital bed. The President tells her she'll be "just fine" when they both know that she's not - she's suffering massive internal haemorraging and has only minutes to live. A few final words with their tiny daughter who is then sent out of the ward...then soon afterwards, a cuddle from her grief-stricken dad.

"Mommys sleeping"

:cry:

Which makes the Presidents actions utterly unforgivable the next day when he jumps into an F16 and joins the worldwide attack on the alien invaders. His daughter has just lost her MUM for christs sake, and he's risking his own life as well trying to be a hero.

He's no hero. He's a DISGRACE. :angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously being a C-Blocker I didn't ACTUALLY cry.......but I would like to nominate.......

Field of Dreams

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
captainmorganrum said:
Shawshank Redemption.
Every-bleedin'-time

:cry:
best film ever. Didnt make me cry! Except when Brooks hung himself was quite moving! amzing film

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Watership Down when they hear about how the rabbit warren's got filled in. Also when the rabbit dies at the end. And when Pipkin the little bunny is separated from his mummy and brothers and sisters when they all try and escape.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nearly forgot On her Majesties Secret Service when Bond's wife gets shot and he tells the police 'we have all the time in the World' refusing to accept she is dead. Cue Lois Armstrong's Wonderful World.

We share in Bond's triumphs, we share in his sadness.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ET - I have watched this film 40 times and I blub like a baby when he dies and at the end everytime. People like chappers who slag this film off, ( do it again chappers and I will be after you ) must have hearts of stone.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Somewhere in Time

An incredible love story, call me a girl if you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here