Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that make you CRY

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As a kid it was Ring of Bright Water and When the North Wind Blows. Only blub once every few years these days. The last one's to get me at an emmotional time were Dances with Wolves when Kevin Costner is riding infront of the cannons and rifles shooting at him with his hands off the reigns and his eyes closed, a stunning portrayal of a man with nothing left to lose, and the end train station scene in Carlito's Way. Came close at the end of Heat too when Al Pacino holds Robert DeNiro's hand as he dies after shooting him. Damn those boys are good.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The end of Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai gets a little bit emotional when Forest Whittaker's character gets shot in a duel when you know that he's only got a water pistol rather than a real burner.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
The end of Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai gets a little bit emotional when Forest Whittaker's character gets shot in a duel when you know that he's only got a water pistol rather than a real burner.

Good one. I can't watch that film anymore, whenever I watch it I'm silent for about an hour afterwards. It's a great flick.

D'Angelo Saxon said:

Feckin superb film
:bowdown:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Great soundtrack to Ghost Dog too. Another one that made me quiet for ages after the end was the final scene of Blow when George imagines his daughter visiting him and then it cuts to the face of the real George Junge with this sad smile on his face. Makes me furious when I think that he's still banged-up when you consider some of the scum who are walking around free.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Terms of Endearment and Shadowlands everytime .... and both star Debra Winger as the person dying ....!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
What about Love Story. Thought that was supposed to be the weepy of all weepy films.

Love means never having to say you are sorry :angel: :angel: :angel:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i am a big poof so have quite a list, but off the top of my head:

when brooks dies in shawshank.

when jenny dies in forrest gump.

when the snowman melts in the snowman.

when tom hanks becomes a boy again at the end of BIG, the kid turns round to look at the woman and is in a huge oversized suit. gets me every time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shadowlands
Schindler's List
Close Encounters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dover said:
ET still gets me at the ripe old age of 36. I'm with Lush on this one, get the violins out, and I start to blub.

I imagine watching you cry is quite a soul destroying experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here