Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that hardly raised a stir which you rate very highly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AI - Artifical Intelligence. 8.1

Mixed reviews but becoming a very highly regarded film after time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was planning on watching that...

He hasn't spoilt the film, it's one of the opening scenes and any review you would read about it would say that. It's a film that everybody should watch at some point in their life

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He hasn't spoilt the film, it's one of the opening scenes and any review you would read about it would say that. It's a film that everybody should watch at some point in their life

Okay thanks, I might give it a watch when I can.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I agree. It really makes you reflect on the life you have been given.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Remember The Titans and Coach Carter, to my knowledge, didn't make a great splash over here, but both are utterly brilliant IMO.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm not sure you've got the hang of this ?

Anyway for me My Cousin Vinny and Mickey Blue Eyes

Neither have you. Marisa Tomei got nominated for an oscar for My Cousin Vinny.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This film is very good.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Brilliant film and how Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get an Oscar nomination I'll never understand.

That is a superb film. Only discovered it through a broadsheet freebie.

I'd like to add '1966' - a Bar Mitzvah set against the backdrop of the World Cup victory.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I am putting in Donnie Darko because it really didn't make any headlines until it became a cult classic first. They then released the full directors cut which made much more sense with regards to the storyline but bizarrely changed the amazing original soundtrack.

Why the studio insisted on a major cut version as the main release which made it a worse film is beyond me

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
With a rather excited air to the upcoming Berberian Sound Studio, i had a quick look back at Toby Jones' canon. In there are two i would have to answer the question of the thread. One is The Mist, a surprisingly good monster thriller in a supermarket. And the other the lesser celebrated, or lesser seen, take on Truman Capote, this time payed by Jones and called Infamous.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Mike Leigh's latest film; Another Year. Classic Leigh with Jim Broadbent and Lesley Manville but don't know too many people that have seen it. Really enjoyable and quite moving. COuld understand if you didn't/won't really like it.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. I do like most Mike Leigh films though.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
With a rather excited air to the upcoming Berberian Sound Studio, i had a quick look back at Toby Jones' canon. In there are two i would have to answer the question of the thread. One is The Mist, a surprisingly good monster thriller in a supermarket. And the other the lesser celebrated, or lesser seen, take on Truman Capote, this time payed by Jones and called Infamous.

Now here is a man who knows about films.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here