Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that didn't have a sequel but fully deserved one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha! Oh US, Why do you have such a deep, personal connection to these mongfest films to the point you will sling personal insults at anyone who so much as takes the slightest of swipes at Spielberg?

I like some of his films. Jaws is one of my favorite films, ET is a film I can't stand. It's called taste and opinion.
US and a film thread...it's only a matter of time eh?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ha! Oh US, Why do you have such a deep, personal connection to these mongfest films to the point you will sling personal insults at anyone who so much as takes the slightest of swipes at Spielberg?

I like some of his films. Jaws is one of my favorite films, ET is a film I can't stand. It's called taste and opinion.
US and a film thread...it's only a matter of time eh?

I may have been a little harsh but first the Crystlal Skull on the other thread and then ET, what do you expect ?.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lord of the Rings (the 70s cartoon version) ends half way thru Two Towers. Sequel was planned but never made.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jesus Christ Superstar

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
not wanting to be a killjoy on this tread but surely if a film is a classic in the first place then a sequel ain't required, and if it's left hanging on at the end then more power as it makes you use ye noggin....but isn't

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
not wanting to be a killjoy on this tread but surely if a film is a classic in the first place then a sequel ain't required, and if it's left hanging on at the end then more power as it makes you use ye noggin....but isn't

Would French Connection 2 and Godfather 2 be enough proof that you are wrong?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Committments

The Sting

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I always thought Cape Fear would have had a sequel. The way it left you with De Nero staring up through the water, you just had a feeling he would survive again.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
breakfast_club.jpg

Class reunion.

Titanic.

But seriously tho' "Master and Commander" deserved another couple of movies from the series of novels that inspired it. Russel Crowe is fab in the film.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
breakfast_club.jpg

Class reunion.

So what do you reckon the characters would be doing now, around the 40 mark?

From left to right: Probation officer, Outward Bound instructor, social worker, retail buyer, pharmacist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here