Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that didn't have a sequel but fully deserved one.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So what do you reckon the characters would be doing now, around the 40 mark?

From left to right: Probation officer, Outward Bound instructor, social worker, retail buyer, pharmacist.

According to Wiki:

John Hughes' first draft of the film was originally scripted out to be a 2-1/2 hour movie. However, many of the scenes were cut out and the negatives destroyed. Among the cut scenes from the movie (some filmed, some only written) was the janitor Carl talking with Vernon about where the five kids will be in the future.

Bender (Criminal) will have killed himself.
Claire (Princess) will have had "two boob jobs and a face lift".
Brian (Brain) will have become very successful but die of a heart attack due to the stress of the high paying job.
Allison (Basket Case) will be a great poet but no one will care.
Andy (Jock) will marry a gorgeous airline stewardess who will become fat after having kids.

Hughes was firmly against a sequel - with his passing in August of this year, it all seems highly unlikely.

Shame.

*starts to hum 'Don't You (Forget About Me)*

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Titanic.

But seriously tho' "Master and Commander" deserved another couple of movies from the series of novels that inspired it. Russel Crowe is fab in the film.

Probably don't have enough material. Patrick O'Brian only wrote 22 books on Aubrey. :down:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Warriors

Jul 20, 2003
So what do you reckon the characters would be doing now, around the 40 mark?

From left to right: Probation officer, Outward Bound instructor, social worker, retail buyer, pharmacist.

that's a very nice observation, give your self a pat on the back for making me smile

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Scarface. Difficult with the end but maybe with paramedics rushing in at the beginning & saving our "hero" Tony Montana, anything to get him to reprise that role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here