Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Filling Falmer

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Adriodinho said:
I am fed up with 'Keep the faith'.

It is getting boring and really tedious.

edit: I've just typed and deleted a very abusive message. If it's that boring and tedious then go and support Chelsea or Liverpool or some such.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
mendoza10 said:
people will turn up on the day
you just decided in the morning if you want to go and turn up, withdean you cant do that as you have to buy in advace

our finances at falmer are based on an average gate of 12000
The same applies to Falmer, the tickets will still have to be prebooked , with new technology at least you can decide to go on the day by booking on the net . In 3 years time e-tickets will be sent to your mobile that can be scanned at the turnstile. Hull City used to play in front of 4000 at Boothferry Park now they get 16000+ at the KC. The stadium will also be used for rock and pop concerts which will bring in additional funds. A figure of £29m was mentioned as needed to pay for the ground so I guess £20m will come in the form of grants etc as the projected costs are nearer £50m.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i think the poor facilities (mainly the lack of a roof, over most of the seating) at withdean put a lot of people off.

and paying £20+ for a piss poor game. add on food/drink etc, it's an expensive day out.

i'd rather sit at home, in the dry, and watch a few dvd's.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
desprateseagull said:
thinking on say 5-10 years, when we reach the premiership (oh how we laughed..), and Falmer gets fileld out- is there any scope to increase the seating capacity?

I think I remember reading that one of the agreements is that we can't expand the stadium.

I might be wrong though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crowds will increase with success. 12k to start with in my opinion and then it depends on the fare on offer, Reading looked packed out yesterday but it wasn't so long ago they were getting 12-15k.

Success on the field with the team being near the top of whatever division we are in if it is built and a gradual climb up the leagues is absolutely essential if we are to hope to fill Falmer. Let's hope we have the board to fund it if and when it eventually happens.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Djmiles said:
I think I remember reading that one of the agreements is that we can't expand the stadium.

I might be wrong though.
The ideal scenario would be that a compulsory purchase order can be made on the residents homes as a means of compensation for the injustice they have put us through. We could then increase the capacity to 60000 as we head into Europe :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Beach Hut said:
How many times does it need to be said !

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TURN UP AT FALMER AND PAY ON THE GATE

Your right, but

With clubs now having "smart" tickets ie a credit card that grants access to turnstiles, supporters, assuming of course they have been to a game before, will be able to log onto the internet (maybe even at the ground) shortly before kickoff and gain entry

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
'smart' tickets. I'll believe that when I see it. The transition from envelopes in dustbins outside the Swansea game to and internet e-ticketing will be interesting.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
William Chops said:
'smart' tickets. I'll believe that when I see it. The transition from envelopes in dustbins outside the Swansea game to and internet e-ticketing will be interesting.

why, Falmer will be built as a modern stadium with all mod cons including a modern ticket office. STH will get smart tickets almost certainly as the technology will be a good five years old when we have our first season at Falmer

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
William Chops said:

The dustbins were only there so everyone could get a fair shot at getting a FA Cup ticket, and save themselves using a stamp in the process:shootself

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ernest said:
It certainly worked didn't it :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Well I got a ticket:p

But then again I didn't use the dustbins!:lolol: :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am bored with the speculating about Falmer and would rather we filled Withdean from now to the end of season and got behind the team to help us stay in this division.

It would seem that the chairmans expectations at the start of the season would now be classed as success.

Midtable mediocrity

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I would advise you to look at Reading, or Wigan Athletic, who are historically "little" clubs. Upon getting new stadiums, they attracted lots more fans, lots more money, and both got into the premiership.

:clap: :clap:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Caveman said:
Its not the clubs fault the Goverment don't know their arse from their elbow. Can you imagine any other planning matter to roll on for so f^cking long? Doubt it very much....

It took less time, in fact, for the Sizewell B nuclear power facility to be approved. All we want is a bloody football ground FFS.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Icy Gull said:
Crowds will increase with success. 12k to start with in my opinion and then it depends on the fare on offer, Reading looked packed out yesterday but it wasn't so long ago they were getting 12-15k.

Success on the field with the team being near the top of whatever division we are in if it is built and a gradual climb up the leagues is absolutely essential if we are to hope to fill Falmer. Let's hope we have the board to fund it if and when it eventually happens.

That is correct .. i only have to look at my brother as an example .. Not a great footy fan but enjoyed going to the odd game when he lived in Brighton . Moved to Berkshire for work 12 years ago and stayed and went to a very few Reading games at Elm Park.. Got The Madjeski and started to go to a couple of games . Brighton Etc .. .. now as they have got more sucessful is a full blown STH for the past 3yrs .. .one of the many who have come out of the woodwork at Reading but are now regulars

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always maintained that Falmer is the wrong size too big for us now as we will not fill it and too small for us to become a Premiership side with only 22500 seats.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Falmer needs to have the flexibility to be able to be expanded .. as i see it that may not be the case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here